Nine (NBN)

Big Dog reading the news headlines maybe?!

3 Likes

Quickest news update ever, lol

3 Likes

I’d say Nine News will provably air in its place if we’re not getting news updates

EDIT: News alerts finally appeared and bulletin has gone to air.

2 Likes

At least there is some consistency

Any local content like

• News
  • Big Dog
  • Anzac Day Special
  • WeLoveIt

Use the NBN brand. It signifies localism as it always has.

3 Likes

Not quite.

6pm News = NBN News
Big Dig = NBN
Anzac = 9 | NBN
We Love It IDs = 9

6 Likes

Also:

Website = Nine | NBN

3 Likes

The most recent weloveit I saw had 9 NBN

3 Likes

And on social media, Facebook is still just NBN I think.

1 Like

Mike Rabbitt is hosting the Newcastle Dawn service this year:

3 Likes

Did anyone get any caps from the actual broadcast?

Here is some caps:

3 Likes

Facebook is “NBN Television”

2 Likes

Also 9 | NBN in the thumbnail. Just keep the news as NBN News and have the rest as 9. No more 9 | NBN. The End.

2 Likes

Yeah but then why even bother with the NBN if it doesn’t mean anything on the channel? Just call it 9 NBN for a bit then quietly drop the NBN.

2 Likes

They should really rename all their socials to NBN News, 90% of the content are stories from the bulletins or links to the website anyway.

And it will bring everything in line with the other O&O stations.

Socials need to be NBN News, yes

They need to fix up their social media pages, it is currently worse than WIN’s. Also, put the NBN bulletins + Darwin on 9Now, like how 7 does it with PRIME and 7QLD.

3 Likes

Will nine be doing sales for NBN on July 1st? If so, will they be doing local sales, national sales, or both? Would this mean that NBN will air all sponsor billboards from metro nine stations instead of custom nine billboards, like during sports broadcasts, today and today extra?

What information do you have to suggest that they will?

Besides, i thought WIN/Nine (and by extension, NBN) merged all their sales already fairly recently (someone else will remember this better than me)

I only know this

WIN used to handle national sales for NBN as part of national/regional ad sales for big national clients

When SCA became the main regional nine affiliate, they took over all sales for NBN, local and national. Revenue for NBN increased (despite some people on this forum saying otherwise and being wrong) and this was good news for everyone

WIN took over Nine affiliation again last year and took NBN sales back with them

At some point WIN and Nine merged their sales (I think), it’s all handled by the same entity

3 Likes

Starts July.

2 Likes