Nine (NBN)

Either someone at Nine screwed up or Nine haven’t sent NBN updated 9GEM idents as this just aired (on 9GEM).

1 Like

that’s normal - NBN uses the old GEM and GO sweeps

the Big Dog waste of air space was back to the previous version last night… and no I’m not bothering to check tonight.

1 Like

@MarkHD do you reckon that big dog’s days are numbered with the upcoming intro to 9HD or do you think there will be a HD version of your favourite segment? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

NBN should just be rebranded 9 Newcastle etc. the only difference being the local news and “Newcastle” or whatever under the Nine logo. Keeps the local flavour but the united branding.

1 Like

personally I’d like to see him and Humphrey in a cage fight, winner takes it all battle.

Oh and for GOD’S SAKE HUMPHREY, PUT ON SOME PANTS!

3 Likes

I reckon it should be.

“Lip Sync Battle”

Humphrey vs Big Dog

4 Likes

So @SydneyCityTV and I have been told that from Tuesday:

NBN 8 AND 80 ---- is “9NBN”

I would assume this means all network promos will be “on Nine” and local signposts etc etc will be “on 9NBN” and slowly phase the NBN out… hence why the logo has the 9 and NBN logo under HD.

Will be interesting to see the news signoffs - it should be “Nine News” but we’ll see.

1 Like

Yeah, it’ll certainly be interesting to see what the branding is like from Tuesday. Maybe something similar to the Nine HD promos with the “NBN” bit next to the Nine logo perhaps?

And I agree that the news signoffs, even from local reporters should be “Nine News” if they’re going to introduce the network branding to NBN viewers.

Finally, I do hope that @MLVD will be able to capture some stuff for us! :wink:

1 Like

yep - he’s been slack so far, hasn’t caught the Paul Lobb promo and it’s been on for over a week :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

1 Like

the whois for 9nbn.com.au was updated 16 Feb, so looks like we are about to see some change.

Don’t worry, I’ll catch it before it goes.

What time is 9NBNHDNBN (:stuck_out_tongue:) meant to start on Tuesday?

5 Likes

Thanks! 6am

So it’s official, NBN is rebranding to Channel 9.

From Tuesday

9NBN
9HD
9Go
9Gem
9Life

No doubt the 9NBN will stay a year or so then phase out to just 9

Wow, so does that signal the end of the NBN Television brand entirely??

1 Like

I had the telly on NBN during the movie last night for a couple of hours, and I didn’t see ANY promos for HD or 9Life.

Nothing like the saturation promotion of HD and Life that was on Nine Sydney in November.

I do wonder if many NBN viewers actually know this is all happening?

strange, usually the “simply beautiful” is every 3rd ad break and the Lobby one at least once every 90 minutes.

Wondering if you will see a trickling of new branding coming through or is there will be a lack of ads/promos/nbn related content until 1st of March?

all the promos still run NBN logo, but many don’t say “on NBN” at the end at the moment, it’s like “All new Big Bang, 7.30 Tuesday”.

1 Like

I’ve renamed the thread to better reflect the station - thoughts or changes needed?