Nine (NBN)

I daresay that NEC have opted not to carry 9Rush in Darwin or Northern NSW for commercial reasons, especially since they run 9GemHD and even Extra (the latter of which I’m convinced is a channel that actually isn’t meant to be watched) in those two markets.

3 Likes

Don’t forget to add JV Partner Discovery Networks into that mix as 9Rush is not a fully owned NEC channel unlike all the others.

4 Likes

Oh, of couse.

Would it be fair to guess that 9Rush might be one of those multichannels which will only last for 2-3 years before going off air or being rebadged as something else (ala, SBS Food Network/SBS FOOD)?

4 Likes

Potentially. If Discovery see no use in it, then it will go off air. If the partnership is working, then it will continue. Who knows if it would be replaced with another actual channel or just another shopping channel.

1 Like

New website https://www.ninenbn.com.au

3 Likes

wouldn’t it be better to integrate the NBN website into nine.com.au at this rate?

something like nbn.nine.com.au, or nnsw.nine.com.au

6 Likes

They still don’t seem to know whether they are Arthur or Martha.

5 Likes

Yet another logo variant too. :grimacing:

8 Likes

And why is Today Extra second, with Today last?

Best one in a while.

Honestly I’m surprised Nine allow all of this duplication for websites, especially when they’re pretty inferior of those of its parent company.

Surely both this and the NBN News website could be integrated into the 9 equivalent while still keeping all the localism they deserve to keep.

3 Likes

The main station website isn’t too bad, but the news one is shocking - like something from ten years ago!

3 Likes

This site - as initially hinted at by the ‘9Nine’ logo - appears to be a corporate site for potential advertisers, and when you scroll down there’s an “Advertise With Us” form.

It’s still a weird mix.

Wasn’t WIN taking over the ad sales for Nine’s non-metro stations (Northern NSW & Darwin)? Perhaps any info filled into that form goes to them.

1 Like

The old website is unaccessible.

It’s incredibly poor practice to blank screen the nbntv.com.au and 9nbn.com.au site

There should be a 301 redirect to the new site which pushes all the earnt SEO over to the new site. Also if someone Googled NBN TV it would pop up with the new site.

Advertisers and whoever else trying to access the old site won’t know how to find the new one and just think it doesn’t exist.

Even the NBN News site’s NBN link is going to a blank page.

They have already lost all the SEO they have built up over the years down the drain.

6 Likes

IDs:

5 Likes

will nine nbn become 9 Newcastle as of Monday on tv tonight it says 9 Newcastle

I think they are referring to “Nine Newcastle” as a business name, since its now owned by Nine Entertainment, not what the bulletin will be called.

There’s nothing I’ve seen anywhere recently that suggests a name change for the bulletin.

hope its still nbn news

2 Likes