Nine (NBN)

Dual branding might be OK as a temporary measure, but definitely not a permanent one.

Fingers crossed that common sense will prevail and that we’ll have full on Nine News branding for that exciting new era of local news in full 1080i HD at Honeysuckle…but at the same time I’m not holding my breath!

3 Likes

Like, say, being Channel Nine for 23hrs then NBN News for one? It’s messy and inconsistent.

3 Likes

And even within the NBN News hour, it’s inconsistent, Nine News logo coverups and no cover ups, Nine News branded microphones and NBN branded ones, a mix of no sign offs and NBN sign offs from reporters.

4 Likes

Exactly.

Thank god I’m back in Sydney and don’t have to suffer through all of that anymore!

1 Like

Thankfully for me, I have both.

I drove past the SCA Coffs building the other day (still referred to by locals as the Channel 10 building) and the NBN News signage has been taken down from there. I could only see the signage that can be easily seen from the street.

2 Likes

Someone in presentation is smoking something. Seen 9Go and 9Gem program sponsor billboards on 9 today.

3 Likes

This ad for Nine Digital Direct Tamworth has been airing for several weeks. I honestly have no idea why they are talking to the tree. :man_shrugging:t3::man_shrugging:t3:

10 Likes

Only wanted to ask the question, what’s NBN considered in the terms of Nine?

4 Likes

the NBN News logo was quite prominent alongside the MMM and Hit logo in Newcastle on the SCA building. It has been replaced with a Listnr logo.

3 Likes

Interesting, I thought they would have gone for the corporate Nine logo (with Nine in letters) like they did in Coffs Harbour recently… Another oddity / inconsistency about their branding.

2 Likes

Nine is no longer with us remember - they’re five buildings down at 28 Honeysuckle.

2 Likes

Ah OK, thanks

9Rush promo just played in Newcastle. :persevere:

4 Likes

Still funny to me how half-arsed it is. To be fair, someone at NEC would have done it.

So 9Rush might be on way to Northern NSW and eventually Darwin then? Or not just yet?

Don’t know why not, they literally had their own capacity to do it, since they own both stations.

It’s slightly off topic but still to do with NEC. The last time I visited friends in Darwin in 2019 is I don’t recall seeing 9rush In Darwin. It’s up to NBN in northern NSW and 9 Darwin whether it’s feasible to bring 9rush to northern NSW and Darwin or not

That post you quoted was 6 weeks ago and it’s still not here.

No, it’s up to NEC themselves to choose what channels are going where from NPC or MediaHub, (not sure which one?) also ratings wise, probably not feasible, but if they were todo it, it may get 7 and 10 to push there regional counterparts to lunch these channels, at least I would hope so.