Nine (NBN)

True, the use of the NBN News ad is very curious though.

Any viewers they have would be around Tweed Heads who will probably want a NSW flavour with the non local news.

4 Likes

Timing between NBN & Nine during the 2015 Gold Telethon. Found this in the archives, thought it might be a useful upload.

9 Likes

That’s interesting, as I’ve found NBN to be about 3 seconds behind Nine Sydney.

3 Likes

yeah but channel 9 is streaming on the laptop so internet streaming adds the 3 seconds

2 Likes

NBN still has Their Facebook page as nbn television for the entire viewing area and posts slow loading clips that link to the website - and for the amount of followers the page has it has expectionally Low engagement

I think they need to launch 6 local NBN News pages with localised news and clips that play instantly.

They don’t seem to get social media the old NBN

2 Likes

I think they need to start aligning it to the 9 brand, there’s too much mixed messaging going on with Nine, 9NBN, NBN News and NBN Television all in use either on air or online.

4 Likes

That too. It’s a mess.

And NNSW is a larger market than ADL or PER, i think they should start providing live news inserts into Today and the 4pm news - can be NNSW wide, just 2-3 stories and weather

1 Like

I’d probably also say that Nine Sydney needs to be more regional/NBN-inclusive when it comes to certain aspects of their operations, in particular coverage of Northern NSW stories (TCN sometimes send up their own reporters for minor stories) and the 4pm bulletin, which is branded as “Nine News Sydney at 4pm” (really should be called Nine News NSW/ACT at 4pm, so regional affiliate viewers feel included) and signs off with “Our next bulletin is at 6pm with (Sydney presenter)” when over 2 million viewers would be seeing a different product at 6pm!

3 Likes

Agree. Considering NINE owns both Tcn and NBN

However Tcn is the flagship station and the 6pm news battle in Sydney way too important. Whatever branding helps Tcn at 6 is what they will
Go with - an no doubt that’s “Sydney”

2 Likes

Yeah, I get that the #1 priority for Nine is Sydney and they’ll do everything to protect TCN. But at the same time, you can probably understand why NBN are a bit hesitant to take on the network news branding in full when you take into consideration some of the things Nine News Sydney do.

If TCN agreed to utilise NBN reporters for Northern NSW coverage wherever appropriate and tweaked the branding for their 4pm bulletins (weekend bulletins also need to be slightly rebranded for the benefit of CTC SNSW/ACT, but that’s another thread), I think you’d have a stronger news service on Nine Northern NSW/Gold Coast and yes, even a slightly stronger Nine News Sydney!

2 Likes

GemHD is on the air throughout Northern NSW on Nine/NBN, Channel 85

11 Likes

Thank God :+1:

2 Likes

Confirmed!

7 Likes

Confirmed New England :+1:

8 Likes

Is 9Go! still simulcast on 88?

Yes

2 Likes

https://www.facebook.com/nbntelevision/posts/10157504767393331
https://www.9nbn.com.au/content/gem-hd

4 Likes

This was shown at the end of the Newcastle sport window

3 Likes

I bet there was no mention of either Nine or NBN… more evidence of an identity crisis.

1 Like

I think that NBN has become less used due to the National Broadband Network (NBN), hence why they only promote their nightly news as NBN.

Allowing NBN co to go under NBN always had the potential for a negative view. This is probably part of the reason for NBN mainly having Nine branding instead of NBN. The other factor is probably cost. I have noticed Prime7 at times just use default 7 branding on the promotions for programs eg Home and Away etc

1 Like