Nine (NBN)

NBN (National Broadband Network) Co was founded back in April 2009, so while it may have played somewhat of a role in the eventual decision to rebrand the channel, I doubt that it was the primary reason behind the decision. NBN’s independent branding only began to be phased out on the same day that 9HD and 9Life were launched in Northern NSW (1st March 2016).

3 Likes

More 9NBN branding, logo and all

4 Likes

:man_facepalming: The two different logo gradients really bugs me.

3 Likes

https://www.9nbn.com.au/content/local-netball

2 Likes

Good on NBN!

Shame they don’t have local coverage of Knights games like the used to.

2 Likes

It’s been a while since they’ve done that.

They stopped suddenly midway through the 2003 season. Unusual, you’d think any rights they had would have lasted until the end of the season.

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Caps from this weeks episode of Location Lifestyle Living:

3 Likes

STAR HOTEL RIOT | 40 years ago today, an estimated 4000 people fought with police on the streets of Newcastle over the closure of the Star Hotel. Here’s the original NBN News report from 1979 in its entirety.

2 Likes

Location Lifestyle Living may as well not exist. It’s not on any guide I can see and even the PRG for the previous show had Cybershack as coming up.

2 Likes

Sifon - Yep, local TV would be so much more if people showed the passion (ie fix TV guides and make their shows available online (like Anzac day and the Netball finals).

Even Prime7, they pay for Google ads promoting Prime7 Newcastle and it links to the Central Coast page, and by the time you get to the Newcastle page there was no local news

I love NBN News but other NBN projects lack attention to detail.

1 Like

NBN News lacks “attention to detail” as well particularly around inconsistent presentation which has been discussed in the NBN News thread.

1 Like

BUS CRASH ANNIVERSARY | Memorial services will be held this Sunday to mark the 30th anniversary of the Grafton bus crash, which killed 21 people.

It was Australia’s worst road disaster at the time.

Here’s our original story from 1989.

2 Likes

Though it was a network report (filed by TCN-9s Brad Schmitt) given NBN didn’t broadcast into the North Coast at that time).

2 Likes

Saw a 30 second ad today for 9|NBN - a stupid name - thanking viewers for “making Nine NBN the number one network across northern NSW and the Gold Coast”

5 Likes

5 Likes

I mentioned on here they should continue with mixed branding. I wonder if they listened.

As I have said, NBN still has a strong local connection in Newcastle

1 Like

I’d personally prefer to see the Northern NSW station use just one of NBN or Nine (don’t really care which of the two they pick - just as long as the usage of it is consistent) for both the news and general station branding.

2 Likes

The use of “Nine NBN” as a hybrid brand isn’t itself a bad idea - particularly when you consider the TCN and QTQ overlaps, it’s the inconsistent use that is all wrong.

The 6pm bulletin should then be called “Nine NBN News” and the ridiculous Nine News cover ups should be banished. And they should reintroduce the NBN watermark add on across the network.

Facebook needs updating, the website is already Nine NBN branded.

You’d only then have the issue of the network promos.

Either that, or as you say, go 100% Nine branding.

2 Likes