Nine (NBN)

All NSW stations on the Gold Coast are broadcast in AEST to comply with classification rules.

3 Likes

Yes, and from what I’ve seen in the past, whilst Prime 7 and WIN switch to the QLD feed during DST so that it’s in sync with Brisbane (within a few seconds), NBN effectively delay their own NSW feed by one hour with the exception of live sport and the insertion of some QLD programming e.g. Intrust Super Cup, (meaning that it’s not in sync with Brisbane playout wise). Prime7 still keeps the Sydney news at 6pm QLD time though.

5 Likes

A first for me today…

I saw an electronic billboard in my local shopping centre with an ad for “Married At First Sight” that had the Nine logo on it.

First time I’ve seen any external advertising here in Newcastle that has the Nine logo and not the NBN one!

4 Likes

They are still refering to 9NBN to promote a 9 show.

1 Like

It’s ridiculous… As is still having “NBN Television” as the name of their Facebook page.

1 Like
1 Like

Which is a nice little homage to their main digital TV frequencies in nearby areas

36 = Lower Hunter
28 = Belmont North / Warners Bay
47 = Central Coast
49 = Upper Hunter
12 = Taree / Port Macquarie

Total = 172

:grinning:

Which Mr Stronach probably doesn’t give a rat’s about, he’s too busy looking at how much he can make out of it. He is a property developer after all.

I can still see news production moved to Sydney. Nine would also be looking to squeeze every drop out of Keith’s money too.

2 Likes

Speaking of NBN post-Mosbri Cresent, where are they going to move to?

Will they still produce news bulletins locally? Or move production/presentation to North Sydney with smaller facilities in Newcastle for local reporters, camera crew & sales people? As much as I really hope the latter doesn’t happen, with the media landscape in regional Australia as it is now I wouldn’t be overly surprised if it does.

2 Likes

Sales people are at 18 Honeysuckle.

1 Like

The NBN website address has been changed

Its now 9nbn.com.au and the former nbntv.com.au now redirects to this. Most of the program descriptions now refer to Nine only.

Though down the bottom of that page, it still says NBN Television and all the social feeds eg. Facebook still only refer to NBN, and still don’t incorporate Nine branding either.

There is no longer a built in TV Guide, that section now just redirects to the yourtv.com.au guide.

yourtv.com.au

1 Like

Fixed, thanks

shame nothing else has, it’s still a mess with an insipid 2013-ish look

1 Like

IIRC, 9nbn.com.au has been active for quite some time alongside other URLs that NBN currently owns. But each operates as a separate site instead of a redirect to one main URL. It seems the nbntv.com.au URL still exists as a separate identical site and isn’t a redirect.

Edit: Found the first mention of 9nbn.com.au back in May 2017.

1 Like

That’s interesting, thanks.

Never knew the 9NBN site existed along with the nbntv one.

NBN promoting Travel Guides because the Fren Family are from Newcastle.

1 Like

Some “We :heart:It” Idents:

5 Likes

2 Likes

Videos of the We :heart: It idents:

2 Likes