Nine (NBN)

Still Nine Mid North Coast up in Coffs

3 Likes

Here’s a few commercials of local events sponsored by NBN, using the NBN News logo:

Community Noticeboard:

Billboards:

9 Likes

Screenshot showing the naming of the markets on Central Coast (SD is Nine-NBN Central Coast):

Comparing the HD bug on NBN and Nine Metro:

Some IDs:

6 Likes

I’m honestly surprised they’re still running the “Nine-NBN Central Coast” LCN name. Really, if viewers can cope with “9HD Sydney” and “9HD Central Coast” without any issues then surely they cope with “Channel 9 Sydney” and “Nine Central Coast”?

Fair enough to run the different LCN name (and watermark additions which I think are still a thing up there but not on the Central Coast?) on the Gold Coast for obvious reasons though.

2 Likes

Location Lifestyle Living is now available on 9NOW.
https://www.9now.com.au/location-lifestyle-living

1 Like

This billboard aired before Big Dog

2 Likes

A NBN watermark over Channel Nine was used in 2011.

4 Likes

I remember that one!

Think there was also “NBN” text on top of the :::9 TODAY" watermark of the time?

I thought you have the screenshots of the ‘NBN’ Text on top of the :::9 TODAY Watermark?

Unfortunately I don’t have any screenshots on hand of that one, although someone else might.

That sounds alot like Kim Hornby doing that voiceover?

I’m pretty sure it is Kim Hornby voicing that Sponsor Billboard - hasn’t she done the voiceovers (and possibly even made a brief appearance, tucking Big Dog into bed) for the most recent Big Dog Kids Goodnights?

Either way I’m not sure how I feel about a Sponsor Billboard airing before Big Dog, but I suppose it’s better than shoehorning product placement into the actual message like Prime7 have done for a few of their Prime7 Possum Kids Goodnights in recent years.

1 Like

just visited the weloveit website and it’s an NBN website but does not mention NBN apart from the news anywhere on the site at all. I swear there is like a small war between the big bad national company and the small little local business even though it’s the same entity

2 Likes

In particular I wouldn’t be overly surprised to hear if there’s some form of internal rivalry between the Sydney and Newcastle stations of the Nine Network. Whether it’s because people in Newcastle see the transition to a full Nine station as being another sign of Sydney taking over or something else entirely, I’m not sure. Although I will say that how Novocastrians react to the upcoming KOFM > Triple M rebrand might be worth watching, to get a decent idea of how well or otherwise a full-on NBN > Nine rebrand would be received in Newcastle.

Either way it’s a bit sad really, because TCN and NBN are strong stations in their respective local markets and more co-operation (especially in news, where it seems like Nine Sydney and NBN sometimes compete for stories when they should be working together) would really benefit both parties IMO.

5 Likes

NBN staff get little training from their counterparts at TCN - they’re mostly left up to their own devices. I get the feeling that the bosses at TCN have never been comfortable with NBN in their mix and have as such disregarded it as a “country station”

The KO rebrand won’t make a difference - there will be the usual complainants but once people work out nothing changes bar the name they will simply move on.

Same as 4TO last week - not even a whimper of whingeing. Pricey’s still there so everything is chookas - even Chooky himself.

1 Like

One look at NBN News with its penchant for logo cover ups and replacing the Nine News reporter sign offs will confirm that for you.

Re @Richo’s comment on lack of training, I get the impression that there is only rule - that they are only allowed to use the Nine brand or the NBN News brand, nothing else.

1 Like

Getting Nine (NBN) from Newcastle tonight (see “Long Distance Television” thread) & whilst watching 9Gem just now, I’ve noticed that its multichannels now seem to run local ads for each viewing area, as I saw a Harvey Norman ad that only lists Bennetts Green (a suburb in Newcastle) on there.

I remember from past posts that its multichannels were just running the same ad feed for the whole of Northern NSW.

3 Likes

Most of their ads I’ve seen seem to be Newcastle ads, though I have seen a few from other regions.

Kind of reminds me of the old NBN HD days (about 10 years ago) when the NBN Newcastle feed including ads and local news was broadcast right across Northern NSW and the Gold Coast on Channel 80 (when they only had one HD encoder).

2 Likes

I notice we get Northern NSW ads in Newcastle on some multi channels.

The new Sky News that launched seems to have ads from the Central Coast all the way to the border

1 Like

Article on the Location Lifestyle Living program: