Nine (NBN)

I think Nine Sydney might’ve also had that “Sate of Origin” error on their EPG, but they fixed it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen the “Sate of Origin” error on the SC9 EPG a few days ago also, as well as a few online guides.

3 Likes

From Nine’s guide:

3 Likes

So the missing t from state followed by the missing i from television on the website means somebody really missed the “cross your t’s and dot your i’s” talk.

6 Likes

Hmmm… sate :yum:

4 Likes

Are you hungry?

How does some cooked canetoads with sate sauce sound? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Canetoads - yuck! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I’m not hungry now!
I was thinking of sate beef, a favourite of mine, but on the theme there are some cattle farms in Qld. :slight_smile:

1 Like

9 Melbourne had “Sate of Origin” on their EPG too.

With NBN using the new ninenbn instagram and website logo, I am wondering if they are considering this as a permanent branding.

ALSO: www.ninenbn.com.au

There is SO MUCH value in differentiating 9 metro with NBN by having local news on dedicated Facebook pages plus a strong attachment to the NBN brand.

I mean, they have 9Kitchen, 9GEM, 9Elsewhere, that is the difference if they have 9NBN?

If they have spent a lot of money on their new Cash promotion encouraging people to follow their new 9NBN Instagram page, what will they rename it to if they have to go 100% 9?

What will they rename the NBN Television Facebook page to?

What will they rename the Website as?

1 Like

Probably just the left hand not knowing what right hand is going to do.

The co-branding is a bit of a mess and there’s no (good) reason that just the news should be branded differently. While I get what you’re saying about the local angle with the old 9NBN brand there’s also value in Nine’s national (& distinctive) brand, so I think it has get there eventually.

The logos on the pages can change to the pure Nine branding, and be renamed to something more appropriate (e.g. @NineNNSW, ninenbn.com.au could move to nnsw.nine.com.au or www.nine.com.au/nnsw).

Also to me it’s just weird given Southern Cross Nine is using purely Nine branding, Nine’s own Northern NSW station wouldn’t be.

3 Likes

Southern Cross is completely different. It has 5% value that the NBN brand has. It’s not just about viewers. It is also about the advertisers and the recognition of the brand. The nine logo is just “some sydney station” to me where NBN is a part of the community

1 Like

NBN updated their website address on their Facebook page about an hour ago.

I’m well aware that NBN Television is an historically strong brand, particularly in the Newcastle & the Hunter. But as a network, I would’ve thought Nine would want it’s main channel & news brands to have a strong presence right up and down the East Coast rather than having a gap between North of the NSW Central Coast to just over the NSW/QLD border.

Then again, I suppose it depends on what is considered to be a bigger issue: People confusing NBN Television for the National Broadband Network (which yes, has actually happened before!) or the possibility of Gold/Central Coast viewers being confused by having two different versions of Channel Nine.

3 Likes

I don’t think having 2 different versions of Channel Nine would be an issue.

It doesn’t appear to have been an issue for TEN in those markets nor for Seven at the southern end of the Sunshine Coast.

4 Likes

Hell, there are two versions of Nine and Seven within the Greater Brisbane metro area. Someone in the know might be able to tell me whether viewers in Logan and the northern Gold Coast can receive both.

1 Like

With some effort perhaps both Nines. But on the Gold Coast viewers can receive both 7 Gold Coast on LCN 7 and Seven Brisbane on LCN 70 as the 7HD that is shown there is from Brisbane and not the GC version.

1 Like

Interesting phone number there; what country code is 49 again…Germany?
And the address; a postcode but no suburb/town/city/state…I guess they really are forgetting about viewers outside Newcastle.

1 Like

Yes it is.

Phone numbers in Newcastle, Cessnock and Maitland start with 49. 49 comes from the old area code 049. Former Australian dialling codes - Wikipedia

1 Like

Good point!
Effectively, viewers on the Gold Coast are served with 3 different channel 7 services… 7 Brisbane, 7 Gold Coast and Prime7 Gold Coast!

1 Like