Nine (NBN)

Oh the memories! :slight_smile:

1 Like

A ripping little yarn from 1988. :wink:

I’m loving these flashback segments. :slight_smile:

Tonight they used a 9NBN logo on the lineup screen!!!

The exact same logo they used when 9HD first launched.

I wonder if it was an accident

This one: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/logopedia/images/4/4d/Screen_Shot_2016-03-01_at_11.29.23_PM_copy.png/revision/latest?cb=20160302122521

2 Likes

This is from tonight

8 Likes

I suspect that they’ve just used the wrong line up template, given the normal programming watermark doesn’t have the NBN on it.

2 Likes

they’ve done that for a few days now during the daytime, the 6pm and 7pm one is the 9HD one for The Voice

1 Like

It might have just been a mistake. They are back to using the 9HD lineup tonight

1 Like

It’s time for another flashback on flashback Friday. :wink:

As long as they keep local content like these flashback Fridays and local news going as it has been, viewers should notice little change when they inevitably retire the NBN brand once and for all.

If anything, NBN should be the example for regional Nine stations in both local content and local news.

1 Like

Yes, I agree re branding… switching from NBN to Nine News branding will make little difference to ratings, and I think will make the bulletin a much more watchable product by having a consistent news brand throughout the news hour.

Local content is okay in Newcastle and along the North Coast, but is less than adequate on the Central Coast and in the North West. Tonight on the Central Coast for instance, there was just one local report in the six minute news window, the rest of it was news from Newcastle.

2 Likes

Maybe Nine doesn’t want a change to happen until they are finished with their main bulletin changes (with Queensland / regional QLD being the final aspect), then they will move the focus to new sets / name inline with the rest of the country for NBN :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t forget Darwin, of course. It’s also a Nine owned station. Still, the current NBN set isn’t upgraded for HD, and the supposed new space somewhere in the Newcastle CBD would be their trigger.

3 Likes

Would be pleasantly surprised, but not holding my breath.

The next best thing to the national set would be just a flat video wall like Studio 3 Sydney with a metro 6pm desk. More or less identical to the tighter shots of metro 6pm news just without the rest of the extravagant set.

As I’ve said before, personally I think the move to new studios would be the best time to fully transition to the Nine Network/Nine News brand for NBN.

Realistically, I think NBN News (or Nine News Northern NSW/Gold Coast) is more likely to get something like one of the old metro Nine News sets in their new studios rather than anything which resembles the newer capital city news sets for Nine News.

They just aired a brand new promo with a massive 9NBN logo.

(I’ll post a screenshot here soon)

And the NBN website has been updated to 9NBN

http://www.9nbn.com.au/content/2017-20000-cash-grab

5 Likes

Though the 9NBN site still has “NBN Television” down the bottom.

The nbntv.com.au URL still works and doesn’t appear to redirect to the new one (yet).

6 Likes

This should’ve been the step they took back in March 2016 when they started to retire the NBN brand, not after they’ve already reduced it mostly to “Nine”. It’s also about time they updated their website, so better late than never…

4 Likes

Is that closing the NBN and NBN News websites and merge them to the Nine Network platforms?