Nine (NBN)

I called NBN once and while it sounded like somebody had picked up the phone there was nobody answering, maybe I was talking to Big Dog I don’t know

6 Likes

Yeah but as we know, like Humphry B Bear Big Dog can only comminicate via sign language. Which makes me wonder what the scenes in the dressing rooms would be like if he was appointed coach of the Knights

3 Likes

They couldn’t have gone any worse with Big Dog in charge.

On Today extra this morning nice cover up

6 Likes

Just awful. They just need to rename NBN News to 9News and get rid of this shoddy madness.

4 Likes

They shouldn’t have been showing that coverup anyway. It’s not meant for Today.

3 Likes

No idea why they have to use cover ups, everything else is Nine branded.

1 Like

We Love It! Ident:

5 Likes

Here are some caps from 9NBN HD & 9NBN SD of the Coverup bug:

5 Likes

That 9 (NBN) ID has A LOT of Newcastle shots in it :slight_smile:
They should have done a slightly better job and shooting generic images.
So many of them are obviously not Gold Coast - and then a few token Surfers Paradise shots thrown in.
I realize it’s been customized for each area - but it is so obviously so a Newcastle ID with some token changes.
Love the ID - but could have been done a bit better

3 Likes

Here’s the NSW Central Coast version for comparison

They should do one for Sydney

7 Likes

I’d love to see a bit of localism on our big city stations

2 Likes

Which NBN area was that ad captured from?

It looks more Gold Coast than Newcastle to me.

2 Likes

It is the GC but the generic ones for every market such as the NHRU is from Newcastle and the person doing the heart with their hands is at Newcastle Beach. But yeah that is for The GC

2 Likes

That one isn’t as Central Coasty as the earlier one was Gold Coasty.

There’s a few obviously Newcastle shots in that one as well…

I want to know why Georgie Smyth and Lauren Drinkwater (camera-person) get a gig on all the various promos. Surely Tyson Cottrell and others deserve to be on too then?

2 Likes

Agree, although comparing it with the Central Coast one there are a lot of generic shots. It would be interesting to see one from the New England/North West because a lot of the generic shots in the Gold & Central Coast versions are coastal (as you would expect).[quote=“Radiohead, post:790, topic:208”]
There’s a few obviously Newcastle shots in that one as well…
[/quote]

Watching the Central Coast version (especially after the Gold Coast version), a lot of the local shots seem quite forced to me. Not sure what it is. The lens flare on those particular shots just looked odd to me. :confused:

3 Likes

I agree.

With the exception of news updates and promos, Nine for instance would look very similar across the 5 capitals…

In the case of Sydney, I don’t often see ads for local business even, most of the chain ads are generic and usually don’t even mention store locations either.

That’s the beauty of regional TV, there is more variation in presentation between the sub markets than what you get with capitals.

The city difference is in news, sport coverage and scheduling due to time differences.

1 Like

Does that “We Love It” play on 9 Gold Coast or Brisbane? Or just on NBN channels?

1 Like

Brisbane and old Coast get “Love this City” idents occasionally.

1 Like