Nine (NBN)

It looks very similar to the lighthouse at Byron Bay but on a second glance it’s not.

It’s Norah Head

1 Like

Nine NBN sponsoring a Gold Coast event

10 Likes

Looks clear to me that the NBN name is being phased out. Which is sad but it had a good run

A name change for the 6pm bulletin would be the final nail in the coffin.

I agree about the run, it lasted a lot longer than I thought it would when you consider how many other heritage TV station IDs have gone, some of which occurred just a few years after aggregation back in the early to mid 90s.

2 Likes

I thought they were letting go of the NBN name the same time that Southern Cross rebranded as Nine

They started phasing out the NBN name on 1st March, at the same time HD and Life were launched.

Its been a slow phase out though… but only the NBN branding for 6pm news remains.

5 Likes

also their facebook page still has it as NBN they havnt changed their logo on it

Yes, the general internet aspect of NBNs operations haven’t been aligned to the on air branding very well.

When you ring Mosbri Crescent they answer as “You have called Channel Nine and NBN News this is Kate*”

1 Like

That is bizzare…

But what if Tim answers?

3 Likes

“Yo, Tim 'ere”

Tim’s a rude man…

2 Likes

27 Years Ago Today

2 Likes

I remember exactly where I was, 200km away, and who I was talking to the second I felt the earth shake on that day. People in other parts of the house didn’t feel it and were disbelieving. Minutes later 2WL was playing Martika’s “I Feel The Earth Move”.

4 Likes

NBN if you read this forum. You are over playing that We Love It promo. Feels like I have heard it over 10 times just today.

Sorry…We will tone it down a little. Apologies.

7 Likes

While you’re at it, can you please let me know when the node installed in my street in October last year will be activated? I really want to get my NBN happening.

22 Likes

And also, can you rollout your internet a little faster, most of metro WA hasn’t got it yet!

1 Like

Byron Bay/Northern Rivers has its own ‘We love it’ - showing Byron Bay, Lismore and a few other local areas. Nowhere to the north though. Playing on high rotation, with a long, medium and short version, sometimes with two in the same ad break.

2 Likes