Nine (NBN)

It still looks plain weird with “NBN News” as the program name but “Nine” as the channel name.

1 Like

I don’t think it does, but that’s just my opinion.

The station’s callsign is “NBN” and always will be regardless of what on-air identity it has.

4 Likes

let it go dude.

You don’t see Nine Sydney say “Tonight on TCN, Nine News at 6, ACA follows at 7 then RBT”…

5 Likes

I think I’m in a minority here, but I’m all for the main news bulletin keeping the NBN name alive. ITV does it for its regional news services, and affiliates in the US use their own branding for their local bulletins too.

5 Likes

@bubandbob yea, but in the US all stations use local branding - both metro and small regional. So all
Stations are treated the same.

I’d rather it be consistent in Australia - and "regional"
Stations move away from this secondary system. You can still have local branding and use the network name - 7 Perth, 9 Perth and 9 Brisbane are perfect examples

All the local community events now sponsored by NBN News

So can I confirm that EVERYTHING on “NBN” is now Channel Nine (watermarks, promos, etc) and the only hint of NBN is strictly the news?
So if they did not have a local news, a random viewer would just think its Nine?

In some markets, the NBN watermark still exists.

Big Dog still has NBN branding. Cant think of much else anymore.

1 Like

The differences are;
(1) Local ads
(2) News / weather updates
(3) Kev Kellaway voiceover during lineups
(4) Local identities pictures during lineups.
(5) Big Dog
(6) NBN News coverup over 9News logos

I really hope they put more effort into localism in the future (like the Anzac Day OB) so they don’t loose their edge over 7 and 10.

4 Likes

When is the NBN rolling out to my place? I’m stuck on ADSL!

13 Likes

ALSO - NBN, please upload videos to Facebook as HD. We don’t want to see blurry news updates.It would be great to see if it is as sharp as 9’s Facebook posts.

Some people have monitors with 4096 × 2160 resolution and you are uploading vids as 480×360 only

1 Like

As I’ve said before: Just as long as there’s still a locally produced news service (regardless of whether the branding is local or not), Kev Kellaway is still voicing the Lineups and Big Dog is still telling the boys and girls of Northern NSW/Gold Coast to go to bed at 7.30pm, then all will still be right with this station! :wink:

2 Likes

imo, Big Dog and local news, yes, but as for Kev Kellaway? I don’t think any locals would care who is doing the evening lineup voiceovers. Actually, I reckon they should get more value out of Big Dog and get him to voice the lineups instead of Kev.

5 Likes

LOL, I’d love to see that! :smiley:

1 Like

It would come complete with sub titles, naturally :grinning:

2 Likes

4 Likes

RDTTP will be rolling out shortly

2 Likes

I can only get HSV at my place.

1 Like

Very little consistency, the lineup previously posted had ACA and this one says A Current Affair.

2 Likes

I’m excited. The NBN man was rolling out cable in my street this morning so I’ll be able to watch the Newcastle news and have Dipshit Dog tuck me into bed soon.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes