Nine (NBN)

No midday signpost which is very unusual. Relaunch alert!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Forgot you were a Coastie! :blush:

1 Like

So I’ll close this thread in favour of the Nine presentation and scheduling threads, then?

2 Likes

Speaking of the overlaps: with the (almost)-wholesale conversion to Nine branding, I wonder what sense there will be left in keeping the Gold Coast feed for much longer. They probably get more local news out of the 5.30 opt-out on QTQ than they do from the NBN News local windows, and I wonder how many people would lose out if the NBN signal terminates at the Lismore transmitter. (Both being managed out of QTQ too would also do wonders for streamlining this.)

If the concern is “they would only have one channel but Seven and Ten would have two”, I wonder if they could get away with redirecting the 8-series LCNs to the same feed as QTQ Gold Coast - but then you’d have the metro networks complaining.

The Central Coast overlap might be more difficult to budge - obviously a lot closer to NBN’s heartland (although whether the southern parts care is another matter) - but also NBN’s licence would start falling foul of the local content guidelines if they cut the overlap out - even if they replaced it with a 30-minute bulletin on TCN - and didn’t switch their local news points commitment over to the Lismore market instead. Although in the long run, doing that may actually make more sense, and let them finally fit in to the Nine brand for news in full.

Hmm… perhaps pipe-dreaming a little, but it could work eventually.

1 Like

I don’t think we need to be that drastic, where the heck are we going to discuss our love for Big Dog?

1 Like

Signpost is Kev with Tonight on Nine. No NBN logo

4 Likes

In the next few wks I’d say probably, yes. It now appears NBN News, as a different thread, is the only significant difference Ryan.

1 Like

Good to know that they’re still running local lineups with Kev Kellaway on 9NBN or Nine Northern NSW! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First time I have ever heard Kellaway refer to Nine.

8 Likes

Ps I’ll confirm that yes it is still NBN News at 6pm

1 Like

Yep no changes to NBN News from what i can see.

2 Likes

It IS a bit ridiculous that everything else is Nine but for news.

I sooo wish 9NBN would get over their “precious” NBN News branding.
It is absurd.

As long as there are local presenters and local news, I don’t think anyone will care that it is called “Nine News”.

1 Like

Bit silly calling it 9 when its on channel 8

At least 7 QLD managed to use LCN7 for their regional network!

One would really like to hope that they eventually switch to the Nine News brand.

Just as long as the news is still locally produced with local presenters, Kev Kellaway is still doing Lineup VOs (really…if the likes of Seven Perth who have been a network O&O for decades can keep local VO artists on, so too can NBN!) and Big Dog is still saying goodnight to the boys and girls of Northern NSW/Gold Coast at 7.30pm, all should be right with the station regardless of what branding they use! :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree, but realistically it’s probably no worse than Nine being on Channel 5 in the new SCA Nine regions.

Personally, I would like to hope that NBN/9NBN/Nine Northern NSW will eventually run with the 9 set of LCNs everywhere except for the markets where QTQ and TCN reception is possible.

4 Likes

Going from a messy patchwork of quasi-Nine brands to a nationwide Nine Network brand in a day. That’s pretty big.

Only Impajara to go now.

7 Likes

Well said @SydneyCityTV

No coverup or bug on the Election coverage.

1 Like

Yes, I thought it was interesting to see the small NBN logo/watermark on “Nine-NBN Central Coast” but not “Nine Newcastle” since I get both channels.

I dare say it’s also “Nine-NBN Gold Coast” as well up there, to differentiate from the QTQ signal.

I also thought they would have removed the red NBN News coverup from the network bulletins with the LCN renaming. This has surprised me a bit. That would have been a good way to get local audiences used to the idea that the NBN News brand is being phased out and replaced by the network brand.

As for the 6pm news rebrand, I wonder if they are planning to wait until SCA rolls out their own 6pm bulletin in Sth NSW/VIC/QLD (which sounds as though it won’t be until early next year).

well there actually WAS at 5pm, for about 6 seconds - the red NBN News bug… then someone realised and poof, it was gone :smiley:

2 Likes
1 Like