Nine (NBN)

Whoops

3 Likes

Interesting that the HCTH promo says “on Nine” and yet the Lineup says “on NBN”.

1 Like

I guess we’ll be able to find out during Ellen what the difference is regarding watermarks and quality between SD (ch 8 & 81) and HD (ch 80).

I thought the same [quote=“LeighF, post:265, topic:208, full:true”]
Interesting that the HCTH promo says “on Nine” and yet the Lineup says "on NBN
[/quote]
I thought the same thing. Seems very inconsistent.

1 Like

Watermarks:

3 Likes

The Big Bang Theory:

2 Likes

I guess what we’re really seeing here is like what happened to Prime in 2011 with the introduction of the Prime7 brand. Just a little more influence in the look of it’s promos and watermark from the metro partner.

So what about the commercials? Are they being simulcast on both SD and HD? Can we get confirmation from people in some different NBN viewing markets if this is happening?

Don’t see the point of the NBN part of the logo. So small and insignificant compared to the nine. The NBN in the lineup at least looks half decent but the ones in the promos, why bother.

7 Likes

I agree. At the very least, adjust the “HD” addition to the watermark so the NBN text doesn’t look like it’s simply been tacked on!

The lineups are perfectly fine though.

1 Like

Prime7 did what NBN were doing for decades. The nine dots in the now old NBN logo represented Nine you know.

3 Likes

True. We’re just seeing them add the number “9” into the mix as well.

Is NBN using the Sydney feed and just attaching the NBN part or are they still using their local presentation for graphics etc. All the other Nine stations get the promo popups etc during a program wondering if NBN is getting those aswell?

Very small NBN logo, I guess it will soon just disappear all together eventually.

1 Like

I’m getting Central Coast ads on 9HD Central Coast, if that’s what you’re asking.

Also to no surprise NBN News is not in HD.

2 Likes

Considering what we’ve seen so far I don’t think 9NBN is accurate, I think that Nine (NBN) would be better.

• Nine (NBN)
  • 9NBN

0 voters

I reckon the NBN but isn’t quite aligned with the rest of the watermark, in that it looks whiter rather than the grey-ish colour of the 9HD part of it.
It’s not as noticeable on SD, but in the SD version, the NBN part looks squashed (shorter and fatter!).
So a bit of tweaking still needed there, I think.

1 Like

Sydney. Pop ups and Nine fly-ins and classifications.

1 Like

This is what we got at the end of ‘Hot Seat’ before the news

• “Tonight” line up with “6.00 News” in the lineup (not NBN News or anything else), Kev Kellaway voiceover whereby he only mentions NBN, but has a large 9 Logo and smaller NBN logo
  • NRL promo with Nine WWOS logo and no NBN logo, v/o reference to Nine only.

Seems inconsistent still - along with what I saw this morning, just hope this isn’t an indication of what to expect in the coming months.

…

News opener - same as usual.
News picture quality is a very average upscaled SD, even the reports sourced from Sydney that are produced in HD are upscaled.
They are still covering up the Nine News sign offs from Nine News reports with pre-recorded NBN News ones.

4 Likes

Something to note is that both of NBN’s trademarks were not renewed. So if anyone wants to start a TV channel and call it NBN you’re free to do so! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Here are 2 things I have noticed since getting home.

(1) The 9HD logo for A Current Affair seems to be coming from Sydney. Because the NBN add-on text sometimes appears after the 9HD logo appears. So the NBN text must be inserted at Newcastle.

(2) On 9Life i’m getting Spotlight Lidcombe ads which I NEVER usually see on any NBN channels. So is 9Life just a dirty feed from Sydney?

2 Likes