Nine (NBN)

It’s been a bit too gradual - it’s been nearly 18 months now since the Nine branding was first introduced.

1 Like

To be fair, that’s something for Foxtel to change…

2 Likes

from what I understand, the broadcasters have to give them that information.

1 Like

Couple of NBN News alumnis ran in today’s council election. Mike Rabbitt and John Church. John had run in the old seat of Shortland for the Liberal Party. But both of them are Independants

4 Likes

Relive NBN’s broadcast of the Knights 1997 ticker tape parade.

I’ve also noticed this competition NBN is running for The Block.

https://www.9nbn.com.au/content/2017-the-block-giveaway

3 Likes

Another ID:

5 Likes

And yet another non-redirect domain name… How many website clones does NBN now have?

Perhaps NBN should take the program before the news on weekends on a clean feed, just like they do for Hot Seat on weekdays, to avoid this sort of thing going to air:

13 Likes

Even better, NBN News should just rebrand to Nine News.

13 Likes

I presume these “Flashback Friday” clips from NBN News are just an online rerun of the stuff they aired on TV for their “50 Years of NBN” series of reports back in 2012, but I’m surprised they didn’t edit the Rolf Harris footage out! :confused:

4 Likes

I couldn’t resist making a visit to this page (long LONG time visitors who know who I used to be) and making these 3 comments:

1 - Loved the Days of the Knights special, and the fact that they uploaded the 1997 homecoming and ticker tape parades, plus the 2001 special After The Siren. I downloaded the HD versions off the website for posterity.

2 - Seriously, please pick a brand. I’d love it if they kept the NBN brand. But if they’re going to screw around with something like the name of something, then do it properly. Heck, my idiot students can make a decision, right or wrong, better than these guys. It is one of the two things that are painful about driving home, and that includes the four hour drive home. Also, when you do, change the LCN and make WIN and Prime (and SCA) do the same. If ABC and SBS can do it, why can’t you.

3 - Considering there are several National Broadband Network jokes in this thread, I’m going to add one…

I heard a Novacastrian friend of mine say, they couldn’t wait until they got the NBN at their joint. They wanted a non-stop connection to Ray Dinneen through their pipes.

Not my joke. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Material from last week:

8 Likes

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

I take it from the wording of the NBN News article that Nine is either hoping to, or is definitely keeping NBN operations in Newcastle? If so, would they ever consider moving SNSW operations to the new facility as a regional hub?

2 Likes