Nine (NBN)

1 Like

I was under the impression (rightly or wrongly) that NBN’s promotions could only reference either the Nine brand or NBN News.

99% of the time they seem to choose the latter. The NBN Television Facebook page seems to get conveniently overlooked.

1 Like

Hit 106.9 used a 9NBN logo in an Instagram post.

1 Like

Another variant, I think that’s five now:

1. The original NBN dotty logo
  2. The 9NBN lineup logo
  3. The 9NBN watermark (smaller “NBN” than the lineup)
  4. The online 9|NBN version
  5. This version
7 Likes

Seriously they are worse than WIN when it comes to logos.

NBN’s branding is a god awful absolute shemozzle.

1 Like
2 Likes

Weren’t they already doing this? Or did they have to wait for NRN to be sold.

1 Like

This is local sales - the article says that SCA took on national sales back in 2016 (from the now defunct WIN-NBN Sales entity)

1 Like

I think that’s where the confusion lies for me…

Darrell began his TV career with NBN in Newcastle, working with the likes of David Fordham, Mike Rabbitt, Leigh Maughan and the “Silver Fox” Arthur Adams.

We captured one memorable moment from Darrell’s NBN days as he lost it on air with the Silver Fox (see video)

1 Like

NBN sales team farewell as they move to Honeysuckle

It seems a bit odd for the sales people to be moving when SCA takes over their sales from 1July?

There’s a transition period starting may 1 for the SCA takeover of NBN sales

Why is there a LIVE bug during a movie in Newcastle? I’m guessing that bug is from TCN?

4 Likes

Up here on the Gold Coast, Big Dog didn’t appear at 7.30 tonight… Not sure if he has been moved slightly, it didn’t appear elsewhere tonight either?

I’m not sure if this is still the case, but the Big Dog Kids Goodnights were usually shown at the end of the final ad break (Ie, before Weather, Tomorrow Night/Monday Preview & Closer) of ACA on weeknights from what I’ve seen in recent years.

For all the flack we give NBN about their on-air branding, I reckon it’d be pretty sad if NBN permanently put Big Dog to sleep. At the very least it could be moved to the more youth-targeted 9Go! if the powers that be feel such a segment doesn’t work on the main channel anymore!

4 Likes

I’m currently in Coffs Harbour for a few days holiday & Big Dog did appear there.

3 Likes

Nine/NBN News sponsors one of the Knights players…funnily enough, it is the hooker, which traditionally wears no. 9.

1 Like

NBN playout quietly transferred to NPC this past weekend, with NBN9 main channel switched across last Monday. Am surprised no-one has noticed yet?
Transmission is still from Mosbri Crescent for now until NBN moves out.

4 Likes

Probably no different to when pres was local. NBN’s pres already looked as good as the other Nine’s didn’t it? I wonder if the daytime news cover-ups are different designs or absent completely now?

1 Like