Nine Entertainment Co

doesn’t really sound good to me. talking about ‘shifting’ stan originals to more reality and not much talk about drama.

It says very early on re drama:

This year we will see an increase in that number including some from the team at Nine.

1 Like

yeah… 2 already announced and nothing else so far.

Sure, details may be light so far but they’ve previously committed to a lot of of drama and you’ve got the big boss saying right there that there will be an increase.

1 Like

fingers crossed for more drama both on STAN and FTA Ch9

Stan is building a big sports portfolio

2 Likes

Lizzie Young was one of the candidates to replace Hugh Marks as Nine Entertainment CEO, before that role went to Mike Sneesby.

Nine appoints Nikki Rooke as Director of Sales – Sydney to further strengthen Total TV, Total Audio and Total Publishing

Nikki-Rooke

Nine has today announced that highly regarded sales leader Nikki Rooke will join the company as Director of Sales – Sydney, further strengthening the sales team as it increases its focus on Total Television, Total Audio and Total Publishing.

Rooke has spent the last five years at Southern Cross Media as National Head of Radio Sales, and previously at Seven West Media as Sydney Sales Director. Her extensive media experience across multiple platforms, her exceptional leadership skills and her proven track record leading large cross functional teams will ensure that Nine continues to lead the way by creating cross platform solutions for our clients.

“I can’t think of a more exciting time to be joining Nine,” said Rooke. “The scale of audience and depth of data in combination with some of the most premium environments for brands across TV, BVOD, Radio and Print provide a proposition that I just can’t wait to be part of.

“In addition, there are so many talented people at Nine, many of whom I have worked with before, and I’m looking forward to learning from them and working with them to deliver brilliant results for advertisers and for the business.”

Michael Stephenson, Nine’s Chief Sales Officer said: “Nikki is one of the most senior sales leaders in our industry and I can’t wait to welcome her into the Nine family. Nikki is an important part of our senior team and will make sure that we continue to lead the way in Total TV, Total Audio and Total publishing.”

“She has an outstanding track record and is one of the industry’s most respected players for a reason. Nikki has an in depth understanding of what marketers need in a world where consumer behaviour has changed forever. The future of media is total media and Nikki is the perfect person to lead our single largest sales team. I can’t wait for her to start.”

Popular culture, attention seeking and brand activism headline return to The Big Ideas Store

Speakers include Cindy Gallop, Rose Herceg, Professor Rachel Kennedy, James Hier, Tom Goodwin, Tara Ford, Julie Flynn, Josh Whiteman, Paul Chappell, Russel Howcroft, Tim Burrowes, Roxy Jacenko and many more .

Brand activism, the power of reality television to fuel cultural change, and why attention will reset channel planning will ignite the conversations at Powered by Nine’s renowned Big Ideas Store , which returns for its fifth year from Tuesday, May 3, to Friday, May 13.

More than 15,000 people attended last year’s Big Ideas Store – either virtually or in-person – and Director of Powered, Liana Dubois, says it is now firmly cemented as a must-see annual event that engages the industry and sparks conversation.

Nine’s chief digital officer, Alex Parsons, said of the appointment: “Haagsma is an exceptional talent and brings more than 20 years’ experience in product innovation and digital media leadership to the role. In addition to her recent experiences at Telstra, Haagsma was previously with the Nine business where she was an integral part of the creation of the strategy, development and launch of 9Now.”

1 Like

Old divisions at Nine still show as journalists question The Age and SMH editorial judgment

Senior journalists at Nine Entertainment are publicly questioning the editorial judgments at the media company’s two biggest print assets, The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald, following the newspapers’ decision to give little or no coverage to Anthony Albanese’s widely publicised slip-up on a key policy last week.

Despite the Labor leader’s gaffe – he was unsure about the details of his party’s six-point plan for the National Disability Insurance Scheme – attracting prominent coverage on ABC radio and television, across the nation’s commercial TV networks and in News Corp publications, The Age did not run a single word about the incident in its news pages.

The SMH ran a small six-paragraph story on page 5. Every other major metropolitan newspaper in Australia ran the story prominently in their news pages.

On Friday morning, with the issue dominating radio talkback, Nine’s 3AW mornings host, Neil Mitchell, criticised company stablemate The Age for not running any stories on Mr Albanese’s NDIS error in its print edition.

“The Age doesn’t think the NDIS stuff-up was worth putting into the paper today,” he said.

Nine.com.au has had a makeover.

7 Likes

They dropped the ::Nine logo and put ::9. Interesting!

2 Likes

Interesting to see the partnership with Bing.

1 Like

makes sense I guess

Ninemsn has been a thing for a very long time

seven and yahoo were paired together for a long time (yahoo is just bing as well but branded differently)

Pretty sensible marketing decision. Dotty + Numeral 9 is a much more recognisable logo than Dotty + “Nine”.

5 Likes

The “Nine” logo is really their corporate brand anyway.

2 Likes

The front page looks good but whats the point when if you click anything it reverts back to the old design for pretty much every page.

1 Like
1 Like