Nine Entertainment Co

NINE UPFRONT 2022
September 15th, 2021

4 Likes

hate the design they’re using for the upfronts…

1 Like

Is it just me or do the upfronts seem to happen earlier and earlier every year?

Looking forward to see what kind of innovative program Nine will have for next year…not. They’ll probably just stick with the same old.

1 Like

Most likely. Another season of MAFS, another season of Lego Masters, another season of The Block, Snackmasters as the cooking show and possibly another completely manufactured dating/relationship/wedding show.

3 Likes

And then another season of Lego Masters, Ninja Warrior, Celebrity Apprentice and Beauty and the Geek, all stripped to 90-120mins for 3-4 nights a week.

Nine will probably pick up The Bachelor if 10 swings the axe for that show :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Next month’s upfront will again be delivered virtually, but will also include a live Q&A session.

1 Like

It might also be timed to coincide with (TCN) Nine’s 65th birthday which is the following day

2 Likes

I doubt that. Nice if so, but they don’t really celebrate those things in a network wide media event. Nine is a network not a “market” event.

2 Likes

Still the 65th anniversary of tv starting in Australia.

3 Likes

I’m sure there will be zero celebration as evidenced by the 60th non-event by Nine as well as Seven and ABC. I just suggested the timing may not be entirely coincidental but at least a nod to the milestone even if there is no bells and whistles to commemorate it.

The media largely struggles to acknowledge that anywhere exists further west than Parramatta and further south than Wollongong. Sydney = Australia :worried:

1 Like

Be interesting to see if they do anything for 75 years in 2031.

I bet WIN viewers still won’t have 9Rush by then.

1 Like

Does this mean adding the 2022 Commonwealth Games?

2 Likes

I hope that at the upfronts in september Mike Sneesby unveils some sort of relaunch for 9. a lot of their graphics look outdated and tired compared to what 7,10 and even the ABC have. it also seems that their programming is a bit stale when you compare to 7 which although has a lot of reboots everything they do looks quite fresh.

1 Like

Better be. This package has been on for the longest out of each one.

Upfronts are about programs for the next season rather than the on-screen graphics.

6 Likes

How old is the current package? 3 years?

I think it dates back to the end of 2015, with some additional promo elements added to the mix around mid-2016.

Would it be good to eventually see a refreshed Nine Network? Yes. But they will launch a new look only when they’re ready to - no doubt the pandemic has resulted in this current branding and On-Air Presentation to have a longer lifespan than it otherwise may have received.

2 Likes

And here I was thinking a few posts on MediaSpy, or Twitter if that’s more your jam would’ve convinced them it was about time

Yes but a couple of years ago James Warburton Used them to announce there would be a relaunch of 7 which is what I am saying. Nine have also unveiled new logos for multi channels in the past at upfronts.

1 Like