Nine Entertainment Co

Just a little debate :thinking:

Nine News or 9 News

Go for 9 News and change to a numerical branding.

National Naan News…Like a tiger! :rofl:

2 Likes

I still prefer National Nine News… sounds more authoritative.

2 Likes

Sounds Indian.

Hopefully the news isn’t boring if they did that, would hate for someone to slip into a korma.

I think @ElCapitanCranky is making a reference to the sketches with an Indian character called Mahatma Cote (and yes, the music was an Indian-sounding version of the National Nine News theme), from rugby league versions of The Footy Show back in the mid-1990s:

%23NationalNaanNews

Obviously one for the “Things Australian TV would never be able to get away with these days” files.

3 Likes

In Darwin there is still a billboard with National Nine News from the 00’s, I’ll have to get a pic when I’m next there.

3 Likes

Lol!

I’m surprised then that there isn’t an “Eight National News” billboard from the pre Channel Nine days.

Less than a week later Alex Parsons has been appointed the new CEO of Car Advice. He most recently managed the sale of Nine’s events business to the Ironman Group.

Meanwhile at NTD

Yikes! Earthquake in Darwin!

Origin almost received 1 million in regional areas according to Nine Insights media release

4 Likes

I think Channel Nine Perth would be extremely happy about the record ratings for the Origin Game 2 at Optus Stadium. This will be enough for Nine Perth to lift its primetime share for this week.

1 Like

Nine Entertainment is expected to write down the value of its New Zealand publishing business to $28 million in August. So far Nine has been unable to find a buyer who has been willing to pay what Nine wants for the business. The then Fairfax purchased the company from News Corp for $1.12 Billion in the early 2000s.

2 Likes

I’ve seen Ian Healy in ads on Nine Sydney for 9Voyager.

But why him?

Surely Nine has someone more prominent and is more of a “face” of Nine that they could have used?

Eddie McGuire would have been a better choice.

1 Like

Has the AGE moved yet?

Nine had to resubmit the plans for the fitout of the television studios in the new building at North Sydney after they were rejected by the council. The new plans are similar to the rejected plans, however there is more detail in the attached documents including this. Today and news will be in Studio A on the ground floor, with Today Extra now in one of the medium size studios, Studio C, on level 1. The regional news will be in the smallest studios on level 1 and a newly added studio on level 3. Could this added studio possibly be to accommodate NBN News?

@eddel posted the plans here:

5 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me. Arseholes.

1 Like