Nine Entertainment Co

Mine had the 9Gem HD Perth in LCN95.

1 Like

Woohoo the Ashes in HD!

6 Likes

9Gem HD Sydney now also on the UHF 43 Central Coast repeaters (as to be expected as they are fed off air from Willoughby).

1 Like

As well as this, you will also have the NRL Finals in HD on 9GEM! This will be a bigger boost to numbers in Melbourne, Tasmania, Adelaide and Perth. As well as this, you will also have the Trans-Tasman Rugby League Tests in HD, which will be a good advantage.
In the summer time, you will have the Nine’s Tennis on BOTH Nine and 9GEM in HD! This will be a good summer for Channel Nine and will do well. You Beauty!

You can rescan your TV if you want. That way it will get rid of the YourMoney Channel and the double simulcast of 9Go on Channel 99.

4 Likes

Great that we now have another HD channel. Well done to nine for leading the way amongst the commercial networks. Ten have one less multi channel than the other networks so theoretically they can turn Bold and Peach into HD as well. We won’t hold our breaths. As for seven they’ve never been interested in HD.

4 Likes

But they’ve done it in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth with 7mate as an HD simulcast on a temporary basis when wanting to telecast AFL matches live into prime time.

Back in 2001 they weren’t interested.

I would have thought that Seven is too conservative and they decided to have ALL the sister channels in SD. That would be the case for TEN since they pushed the primary channel into HD in March 2016.

1 Like

Let’s assume Nine’s new channel won’t be a “Food Network” knowing how that’s gone.

But surely they’ve done it reactively to be competitive with Seven in ratings? Where we’ve seen 7food Network come to the rescue to add the required 0.1 or more for a win.

1 Like

I think we’re looking at the “new channel”. Sports, 95, makes sense 9Gem HD is it.

4 Likes

Except Tassie doesn’t have this yet AFAIK. Well I don’t anyway.

Is it only Tasmania that doesn’t have 9GemHD?

1 Like

Nor does sca 9

I know that regional areas like Mildura, Griffith, South Australia and remote WA and central Australia have 9Gem as only HD channel.

1 Like

The rumour that it will be a sports channel surprises me, given how ONE HD turned out when it was launched as a 24/7 sports channel 10 years ago.

2 Likes

Having a dedicated sports channel would be a waste of money and this was reflected in Ten’s downfall in 2011.

1 Like

I didn’t rescan my TV but I still get 9GemHD on my TV.

Ten didn’t have enough financial resources at that time to bid for the sports that were needed for One.

Um, what? No.
Lachlan Murdoch became a director of the company and opposed the acquisition of sports for a direct competitor to his pay TV channel.

THAT is why the successful One was dumped and THAT is why Ten lost the AFL.

10 Likes

Same here, BUT I had to do a rescan to get the LCN name updated to 9Gem HD Sydney.

1 Like

Can you please re-phrase this? I’m sure I’m reading it wrong. Sorry! I’m being genuine :slight_smile:

im in regional Victoria and dont have access to GEMHD, can someone tell me if the new channel is now available in all five captial cities?