Nine Entertainment Co

Is it a busy spot with foot traffic?

Not sure. It was late on Saturday afternoon, wouldn’t have a clue.

Nine Appoints Nick Young To Drive Digital Sales To The Next Level

Nine today announces the appointment of senior media sales executive Nick Young to the role of Director of Sales – Digital.

Young will be responsible for the sales strategy and revenue growth for 9Now and nine.com.au. He will lead Nine’s sales team in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth, Nine’s programmatic sales team, as well as Nine’s advertising product and data teams.

Young joins Nine from the Multi Channel Network (MCN) where he is currently Chief Sales Officer. He has previously held senior roles including National TV Sales Director, and had a five-year stint as National Digital Sales Director.

“Nick Young is Australia’s most experienced digital sales leader and I’m rapt that he is now a part of the Nine team,” said Michael Stephenson, Nine’s Chief Sales Officer.

“He is incredibly well respected, has experience in both digital and television, and alongside Richard Hunwick will be able to work with marketers to unlock the power that comes through using television and BVOD together.”

Young will take the reins of Nine’s digital sales team from Pippa Leary, who has flagged her intention to return to professional board roles later this year.

“In many ways this is Pippa handing the 9Now baton to Nick,” said Stephenson. “Both are industry leaders with a strong digital heritage, and Nick will be tasked with building on the strong foundation set up by Pippa within our BVOD business.

“When we asked Pip to give up her career as a board director it was with a clear mission: to drive 9Now’s commercial success. Over the past two years she has achieved more than we could have asked for, making 9Now the clear commercial leader in Australia with a product grounded in the strength of its data proposition and more than seven million sign-ups.

“She has ensured we have led the way on helping to drive marketing awareness of the opportunities available through addressability.”

Young will start at Nine in the coming months and Leary will remain with the business until she completes the work required to combine the group’s unique digital data assets.

Nine has had the development application for the fitout of the ground floor and level 1 production studios at the new North Sydney building rejected by North Sydney council. The council website states the application is currently under review.

3 Likes
1 Like

The merger will see CarAdvice’s content shared onto the Drive’s digital and print platforms.

Noteworthy because of images.

“The new Nine”. I wonder if that’s hinting at a major brand overhaul to coincide with the move to Denison Street.

1 Like

Did I hear Relaunch!!! It’ll be to coincide with WIN getting the affiliation again! They’ll both forgive each other and join together to create a new Mappy Dotless world of harmony!

Just imagine, the New Nine will be a big map of Australia.

Is it too early to release the relaunch :eggplant:?

I personally wouldn’t be surprised if Nine do a major branding/On-Air Presentation relaunch for North Sydney, but at the same time I think they’ll be smart enough (unlike 2006…or even Ten last year) to incorporate some legacy elements of their brand such as the iconic Nine dots/logo.

I hope they’re gonna stick a big “9” logo on that building somewhere, looks awfully generic from artists impressions.

The “New Nine” is just Nine including the Fairfax assets. It’s just Media industry speak, i wouldn’t read it as a major re-brand of the entire business.

3 Likes

Like this?

I hope not.

1 Like

Reminds me of the old Nine News package

Doubt it means anything.
They used “The new Nine” when they moved to the new facilities in Perth as well.

There will mostly likely be an on-air refresh and graphics/set updates to their programs, but that’s about it.

Andrew Bruyn officially retired from NTD today - Steve Shervill will lead the station now.

1 Like

Not sure if anyone has noticed but yourMoney has converted into 9Gem HD, along with 9HD. 9Go! is no longer available on 99, now it’s just on 93.

This is in Darwin, not sure about other areas. Channels now have local city name on the end.

9 - Channel 9 Darwin
90 - 9HD Darwin
91 - Channel 9 Darwin
92 - 9Gem Darwin
93 - 9Go! Darwin
94 - 9Life Darwin
95 - 9Gem Darwin HD

8 Likes

Sydney (and I’d imagine Nine in the other major metropolitan markets) still has Your Money on LCN 95 running a black screen, nearly a month after the channel ceased transmission. No city name on the multichannel LCNs either.

Although I do wonder if it could be a sign of things to come…

1 Like