Nine Cricket Coverage

9Gem time confirmed:

Saturday 27 July
4:15 - 7:15 am AEST First Women’s Ashes T20

1 Like

If they could reduce the big bash overkill, I would have a yearly triseries with NZ, Australia plus some other team with matches in NZ and Australia grounds. The world cup was great to watch.

3 Likes

Nine cricket commentator and former Australian captain Ian Chappell today revealed he had skin cancer on his upper body. He has undergone five weeks of intense radiation therapy and his latest scans have come back clear.

Best wishes to Ian.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Sky Sports cricket graphics are clean and fresh. Seven’s test and BBL graphics should be more like these.

2 Likes

The Replay of Australia v England Womens ODI match in late 2017 on 9GEM due to a rain delay in Taunton, England.

3 Likes

Hopefully Channel 9 bring in in-ground ashes coverage, I don’‘t want to listen to cheap quality Sky coverage for the Men’'s ashes, that would be really annoying.

The entire Sky Sports package looks great

Sky have decent graphics, but garbage commentary

1 Like

The Sky Sports commentary is very good I think.

I reckon you’re in the minority with that one

Thers’s a promo floating around on Nine for The Ashes in August, saw one briefly last night

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up.

Does anyone know who the lady was that was hosting in the studio last night with Lisa Sthalekar and Ian Healy? Saw them plenty of times but didn’t catch her name or missed the bit where she said who she was.

Alicia Muling

1 Like

The First Ashes Test starts Thursday 1 August.

The EPG descriptions for the coverage reads

WWOS presents Day 1 of the 71st Ashes series where the oldest rivalry in cricket takes place between England and Australia, live from Edgbaston, Birmingham. Join our expert commentary team for all the action. First Ball: 8:00PM AEST.

First test AEST times

19:30 Pre-match

20:00 Morning Session

22:00 Lunch

22:40 - 03:00 Afternoon Session

Coverage is a combination of main channel and 9Gem depending on the market.

4 Likes

I assume that’s the first time Alicia presented Nine’s live sporting coverage? Good experience for her.

Alicia Muling was annoying, she would interrupt the conversation between the two experts, I don’t blame her she was kicked by the producers to do so, but she should off let them talk, because play was still a decent minute away.

If it says join our expert commentary team, it could be one of four options
Sky Sports full broadcastwith no studio just Sky video feed and Channel 9 just putting in ads.
Channel 9 studio for time breaks, pre game and match wrap A Studio of three or four people including the host and two experts, three experts (one of them will host), or the host with three experts.
Probably 2 or 3 out of (which they will change up every couple of days) Mark Taylor, Ian Healy, Ian Chappell, Lisa Stalehekar, then another random host.
Extended Channel 9 Studio or Local Coverage with Sky Video Feed Having 5 or 6 experts at the stadium or studio talking the time breaks, joining a host, similar to Fox Footy Finals Coverage, probably if in Australia, Mark Taylor, Ian Healy, Ian Chappell, Lisa Stalehekar, Host, Michael Slater and Michael Clarke. And if England maybe add Michael Vaughan and Mark Nicholas as a host.
Full Match in ground coverage by Channel 9 Where the host and more than 8 experts go into the ground and work for Channel 9, and possibly use Sky Sports wicket and boundaries replays, but local commentary and graphics. I assume Mark Nicholas might host, given the fact Channel 9 are in England, with probably Mark Taylor, Ian Healy, Kevin Pietersen, Michael Clarke, Lisa Stalehekar, Michael Slater, maybe Shane Warne, Michael Vaughan, maybe Geoff Boycott, and probably Ian Chappell.

2 Likes

You can omit Michael Slater as he is signed to Seven.

3 Likes