Nine Cricket Coverage

I’ve probably said this before but i hate this “A” and “B” commentator setup that’s been going on for a few years now. How many times has Mark Nicholas and Ian Chappell been paired up? Need more variety rather than the same pairs or revert back to 3 commentators.

On day 5 we might see some B commentators paired up but I don’t see why it can’t be all the time.

I’m very baffled by how Yellow Submarine relates to Nine’s cricket coverage at all.

5 Likes

The 5-6 posts above yours were all on topic.

9 Likes

Current scenes at the MCG:

:notes: Rain, rain go away… :notes:
I’ve really gotta stop this

5 Likes

Bill Lawry is the only one happy to be there?

Either that or he’s just told Michael Clarke a particularly horrifying joke. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Taylor looks way too comfortable IMO.

Out of curiosity, apart from commentators and executives and some key producers, would most staff/crew be freelance?

Picking up seasonal work when it’s offered by Seven / Nine / Ten?

I’ve also always wondered, at all networks, do they use local crew (or try to)? Or do they fly them from Melbourne or Sydney?

(e.g.) Olympics, Comm Games, cricket, Hopman Cup / Brisbane / Sydney Internationals, AFL interstate, NRL interstate, golf, horse racing, etc.

Period.

1 Like

The rain in Melbourne is getting heavier during the afternoon. Unfortunately, It is likely that day 4 will Be washed out. As a result, there will More likely to be stumps on Day 4 at 5pm (EDT)

2 Likes

Researching air conditioners?

1 Like

Looks like an office in a backyard garage. The wardrobe space behind the dodgy cabling is the best.

I think that’s the set-up studio.

The TV box at the MCG is massive, stretches right along, you can see it above the MCC members (as the window panels are down). With the rest of the MCG media centre to the left of that (3AW, ABC, Triple M boxes, etc).

It’s got that black sound insulation above where the camera podium is, with commentary usually on the right hand side (with desks / mic plug ins) visible during post-game on Seven’s AFL telecasts. Ten’s BBL studio is also set-up here and they used to have a large studio set-up which they stored in the MCG underground car park I believe, which was used during AFL Grand Finals and Anzac Day.

Channel 9 Played a Mark Nicholas narration of the history of the ashes.
Mark Nicholas gave an update saying that’s unfortunately there will be no further play during the afternoon. As a result the game is called off for Day 4 of the Melbourne ashes series where Australia are at stumps for 2/103. Telecast finished at 5:30PM (EST)

1 Like

Did anyone notice the blank screen, with the 9 watermark still visible, for about 15-20 seconds between the end of the cricket and start of Millionaire Hot Seat? I’m still at my parents in Lake Macquarie for Christmas so am watching on NBN.

was sent this image this morning

8 Likes

I’d put Ian Healy into that middle circle… He is all three and more to me. He is the worst of them imo.

Healy loves rain delays, walks around with an umbrella cracking lame dad jokes

Nicholas and Chappell again…

I want to see Warne and Clarke together.

Michael SLater, Michael Clarke and Atherton were in the commentary box.

It has been declared as a draw from Steven smith

1 Like

Nine should take note of how seemlessly Seven switched over to News at 5pm from the Tennis and directed viewers to 7TWO, all in a matter of 30 seconds.

I’d make an argument for all 7 of them into the middle…

2 Likes