Nine Cricket Coverage

Latest on the cricket broadcast rights negotiations…

Seems Nine’s head of sport Tom Maloe (new to the job), has a different view to CEO Hugh Marks?

STORY:

I wonder if Cricket Australia needs a new broadcaster. I think it might be time to give it a fresh coat of paint, so to speak.

2 Likes

I think Marks wants it all but he says he doesn’t want to spend a lot of money on it.

I very much doubt that will happen. Seems like it’s case closed with the fines received which totally pathetic. Imagine if either of us did the same thing. We’d lose points or worse still. Of course, if you have a name you can basically do as you please even if you are supposedly “role models” to young kids and all.

The desk they are using today.

1 Like

New graphics for Sky Sports NZ.

1 Like

Holy shit this is so fantastic.

At least 9 don’t copy their Tea break coverage, seriously cringeworthy seeing so much Dilmah tea being consumed…

Im more of a Twinings man myself

2 Likes

Was it cringeworthy when BWS sponsored it not too long ago?

“The BWS (Long Island Iced) Tea Break”

Not that cringeworthy, they weren’t consuming BWS product on air openly and covering the table with booze like Sky NZ does with Dilmah stuff.

NEW ZEALAND AND PAKISTAN PREPARE FOR AUSSIE ONE-DAYERS

Nine will bring cricket fans all the explosive action of the Victoria Bitter One-Day International Series – EXCLUSIVELY LIVE and FREE – when Australia takes on New Zealand and Pakistan, beginning this Sunday, December 4.

The rivalry between Australia and New Zealand is always strong and has taken on new significance since they clashed in the epic final of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015, which Australia won. The last time they met in an ODI series, in New Zealand earlier this year, the Black Caps claimed victory 2-1 to win the Chappell-Hadlee trophy.

The 2016 Victoria Bitter One-Day International Series this summer will take on even greater importance as the Australians look to win back the silverware and reassert dominance over their trans-Tasman rivals.

Australia, the top-ranked ODI team in the world, will then play Pakistan who is looking for redemption after bowing out of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 in the quarter-final at the hands of Australia. Of particular interest will be how Australia’s batting line-up fares against Pakistan’s imposing young bowlers.

Nine’s comprehensive cricket coverage will be hosted by Mark Nicholas. The Wide World of Sports commentary team for the Victoria Bitter One-Day International Series against New Zealand will be led by Mark Taylor, and include Michael Slater, Ian Healy, Michael Clarke and former New Zealand player Ian Smith. The great Pakistani fast bowler Waqar Younis will then replace Smith in the commentary box when Australia take on Pakistan.

Cricket fans can also watch every ball of Nine’s coverage on their phone, tablet or PC with the Cricket Australia LIVE Pass streaming subscription. The website www.cricket.com.au will carry full highlights of every day’s play so fans don’t miss a moment of the action.

They’ve changed the graphics to green instead of blue for the ODI’s.

And another bar below the score for the 2nd innings.

4 Likes

I rather like the green graphics myself. Infact, I might even prefer them over the standard blue colour (which the graphics are still decent in)! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

These graphics are the best cricket graphics I have seen on Nine’s coverage. I do wonder how long they will last for.

Cricket Australia has confirmed there will be a day/night Ashes test next year, to be held at Adelaide Oval from December 2 to 6. It should generate massive ratings for Nine. CA has also announced the first ever triangular Twenty20 series, involving Australia, England and New Zealand, in 2018. The full schedule is below:

1 Like

Interesting to see how the tri-t/20 works as it is also in NZ. Which is were the finals are played. So will nine have the rights to the overall series?

Nine wouldn’t have the rights to the games in NZ. But I’m sure they’ll try and work something out with Fox Sports.

AUSTRALIA PLAY PAKISTAN IN HISTORIC PINK BALL TEST

The Nine Network will broadcast the first ever Pink Ball Test from The Gabba in Brisbane this week – EXCLUSIVELY LIVE and FREE – as the Commonwealth Bank Test Series between Australia and Pakistan gets underway on Thursday at 1.00pm AEDT.

Hosted by Mark Nicholas, the Wide World of Sports commentary team for the three-test series will be led by Mark Taylor, and include Michael Slater, Ian Healy, Michael Clarke, Shane Warne and Ian Chappell. Legendary broadcaster and fan favourite Bill Lawry will return for the MCG and SCG test matches and the great Pakistani fast bowler Waqar Younis will also return to the commentary box.

2016 & 2017 TEST BROADCAST SCHEDULE

That is what I am thinking too. Maybe Nine and Fox Sports will share coverage of the series? My suggestion is Nine will show the Australian matches and the final live, plus highlights of group matches in NZ. Fox Sports will show those three matches live, and the group games in Australia and the NZ final as highlights.

Really looking forward to the T20 Tri Series. I believe this is the first Tri series using the T20 format.

2 Likes