Nine Cricket Coverage

Mark doesn’t work for Sky…

1 Like

Mark doesn’t work for Skysports. He hasn’t worked for them since 1999.

1 Like

Feels weird not seeing Gower, Botham, Holding or Lloyd on that list.

4 Likes

I know that David Lloyd had retired from commentary, are the other three still working for Sky?

1 Like

Not for a few years now. Gower and Botham finished up I think in 2019, Holding in 2021.

3 Likes

:thinking:
Only actually 20 names between those 2 lists… and I’d argue considering that nowhere near 21 (or even 20) people would be commentating on any one test that the whole headline is very misleading… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’d say that covers both the men’s and women’s series.

From the article:

Now, (Ponting) has been confirmed as one of the big names recruited to the 12-man team for the June and July series.

Also

The commentators will rotate through the series, with the final Test taking place at The Oval on July 27-31.

Why’s Dinesh Karthik and Kumar Sangakkara there? No offence to their great cricket knowledge but if you’ve got such a bloated team surely you’d only want Aussies and Poms?

Yeah I realise that - still misleading though, and they’ve come to the 21 figure just by adding up both lists without realising or comprehending that Mel Jones is on both lists. Just very sloppy work.

1 Like

Mind you it’s not a Sky article/release. I’d say the DM has added the two lists without thought in order to get that “21?!?!?!” headline.

1 Like

Yeah, Daily Mail - typical of their ‘work’

1 Like

I found Dinesh Karthik’s commentary during the Indian series to be irritating, so I’m not too happy to see him on the list.

2 Likes

A bit of coverage from Nine’s last Adelaide Test:

3 Likes

According to The Sunday Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield, Roz Kelly will host Nine’s coverage of the Ashes from the Sydney studio. Mark Taylor and reporter Louise Ransome (formerly of Fox Sports and ABC, but now based in London) will be on the ground in England.

During the 2019 Ashes tour of England, Mark Taylor and either Mel Jones or Lisa Sthalekar were on the ground for Nine’s coverage.

3 Likes

I assume Nine are taking the SKY ball by ball commentary feed?

1 Like

Isn’t that the only broadcaster?

2 Likes

That is correct and Mark Taylor is part of the SkySports crew.

3 Likes

Previously, between 2018 and 2020, Nine used Todd Woodbridge and Rebecca Maddern (now back at Seven) at hosts of their non-domestic cricket coverage, also from a studio.

2 Likes

Nine could do their own coverage like in the 2015 Ashes series.

1 Like

With what commentary team? There would be no point in Nine signing a commentary team just to do the Ashes, as prestigious as they are.

4 Likes