Nine Cricket Coverage

Is it just me, or is the set lighting a bit different tonight? Looks better actually.

1 Like

Does to me too, doesn’t look as washed out.

4 Likes

Conditions look worse than at the start of the day.

5 Likes

WATCH GUIDE

THE ASHES: FIFTH TEST

EXCLUSIVE ON NINE

FROM 7.30PM THURSDAY, JULY 27

STREAM ON 9NOW EXCLUSIVE, LIVE AND FREE

The Urn has been retained but the job is not done, as Australia fight to keep England from salvaging a drawn series when the fifth and final Ashes test is exclusive, live and free, from 7.30pm AEST Thursday on the 9Network and 9Now.

Aiming for a series win for the first time in England since 2001, Australia will look to silence their opposition and their fan base at The Oval in London.

Marnus Labuschagne , who scored a century before rain ended the fourth test, will be looking for big-run support from openers Usman Khawaja and David Warner to put Australia on the path to their third victory of the Ashes series.

Captain Pat Cummins will again lead a bowling attack trying to squash England’s flamboyant and carefree “Bazball” batting style that triumphed in the third test.

Nine’s commentary team is hosted by Roz Kelly, with expert comments from former Australian captain Mark Taylor, Ashes winner Ian Healy and former international Callum Ferguson. Taylor will be joined on the ground by Louise Ransome, with 9News reporter Sam Djodan filing from London.

THE ASHES FIFTH TEST ON NINE: BROADCAST TIMES
Every day of play in HD streamed free on 9Now

Day 1 – Thursday, July 27
Sydney 7.30pm on 9GemHD, play switching to Channel 9HD at 10.40pm
Melbourne 7.30pm on Channel 9HD
Brisbane 7.30pm on 9GemHD, play switching to Channel 9HD at 10.40pm
Adelaide 7.00pm on 9Go!, play switching to Channel 9HD at 7.30pm
Perth 5.30pm on 9Go!, play switching to Channel 9HD at 7.00pm

Day 2 – Friday, July 28
Sydney 7.30pm on 9GemHD, play switching to Channel 9HD at 10.40pm
Brisbane 7.30pm on 9GemHD, play switching to Channel 9HD at 10.40pm
Adelaide 7.00pm on 9Go!, play switching to Channel 9HD at 7.30pm

Day 3 – Saturday, July 29
Sydney 7.30pm on 9GemHD, play switching to Channel 9HD at 10.15pm
Brisbane 7.30pm on 9GemHD, play switching to Channel 9HD at 10.15pm
Adelaide 7.00pm on Channel 9HD

Day 4 – Sunday, July 30
Sydney 7.30pm on 9GemHD, play switching to Channel 9HD at 8.00pm
Melbourne 7.30pm on 9GemHD, play switching to Channel 9HD at 8.00pm
Brisbane 7.30pm on 9GemHD, play switching to Channel 9HD at 8.00pm
Adelaide 7.00pm on 9GemHD, play switching to Channel 9HD at 8.00pm
Perth 5.30pm on 9GemHD, play switching to Channel 9HD at 8.00pm

Day 5 – Monday, July 31
Sydney 7.30pm on Channel 9HD
Brisbane 7.30pm on Channel 9HD
Adelaide 7.00pm on 9GemHD, play switching to Channel 9HD at 7.30pm
Perth 5.30pm on 9GemHD, play switching to Channel 9HD at 7.30pm

AVAILABLE ON 9NOW

Don’t miss a moment of the Ashes on 9Now, with all the action available following every day of play including:

• Mini-matches of each day’s play
  • Highlights of each day of play
  • Full session replays
  • Every wicket highlights
  • Tubby’s Takeaway : Mark Taylor wraps up every day of play
  • Plus mini-matches for each Test

THE ASHES: FIFTH TEST
EXCLUSIVE, LIVE AND FREE – 9NETWORK AND 9NOW
FROM 7.30PM AEST THURSDAY, JULY 27

3 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

Finally some decent scheduling. Only had to wait four Ashes series and even then only the 5th and final Test.

Is that the Sunday Footy Show set being used tonight?

1 Like

Melbourne

8 Likes

Yes, or GTV9s general purpose set/studio.

4 Likes

I don’t think anyone else saw it but Sky Sports lost all audio for around 10 minutes very late last night leaving channel 9 to scramble and call the match themselves until it was fixed.

3 Likes

Fuck I would have loved to have heard that. Would it be in the 9now replay? Was it just the feed or did Sky lose it themselves too?

2 Likes

Well there was a wicket when it happened hahaha. Depending on what actually happened they may have been able to get the replay uploaded will the audio fixed. If you watch David warners wicket and notice no audio this is why. If the audio is back they probably fixed the issue.

3 Likes

Oh ok, I watched the mini and noticed no pitch noise so wondered what happened, there you go.

3 Likes

Happened there it seems:

EDIT: and 9now just has silence during the period they lost sound. Sky acknowledged it on air.

3 Likes

Yep. As I said. I didn’t catch the moment when it cut out but heard the chaos when Channel 9 had to take over and call it themselves before the audio came back and Sky Sports apologised.

3 Likes

For once, the weather conditions might be in Australia's favour!

🖥️ #TheAshes 5th Test | Live tonight on Channel 9 and 9Now.#9WWOS #Cricket #Ashes #ENGvsAUS pic.twitter.com/ocs3jHw0Ur

— Wide World of Sports (@wwos) July 29, 2023

What about last Test?

4 Likes

Good timing for the cricket for NIne tonight. Weather looks ok :sun_behind_small_cloud:

5 Likes

Tonight the final of what has been a cracking Ashes series.

Is this the final time we will see Test Cricket on Nine for the foreseeable future or do they hold on to the English Ashes series.

I was thinking that they might have made an announced during the series as they have in the past, that they have the 2027 series.

Surly Seven will be pushing hard for it, after the numbers Nine has pulled in.

Well, it’s phone down and a long night of listening to that cricket theme and watching cricket on nine

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure they have the next one don’t they?