Nine Cricket Coverage

Cricket Australia have only themselves to blame. There’s too many cooks in the kitchen so to speak.

7 Likes

This was a test that effectively lasted less than 2.5 days - or about 7 sessions out of 15.

Thus Nine will be bitterly disappointed at not only Australia’s performances impacting on their ratings, but also just how quickly Australia were beaten thus ending the coverage prematurely.

I wonder what contra Nine has had to give back to advertisers who thought they were getting spots during cricket that finished waaay earlier than expected?

4 Likes

Just a reminder that there is Cricket thread in the Poo section to discuss general aspects of the game aside from the television coverage. I may be the OP.

And yes, the Aussies were deplorable today.

1 Like

just as bad as their one day series 5-0 loss to South Africa

[quote=“sammy123, post:224, topic:1894, full:true”]

Not gonna happen unless Australia perform like they did today, then there could be a chance. They’ve been absolutely horrific since day 2 of the Perth Test.[/quote]So, then there’s a very high possibility then? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Let’s face it, the Aussies are well and truly cooked for this upcoming summer of Tests. The teams confidence is completely shot and it’s going to be a long road ahead from here.

With the SA Test all wrapped up (and in emphatic style) I’m expecting an average crowd/TV audience for the Adelaide day/nighter on Thursday week.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cricket

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but Bill Lawry WILL be calling the Australia V Pakistan test matches in Melbourne & Sydney.

5 Likes

Then after a trio of semi meaningless 50 over games against NZ who knows how the ratings for the Brisbane Pink Ball test will go.

1 Like

I guess they had to schedule those 3 ODI’s on those dates due to Pakistan’s tour of NZ. Also, New Zealand hasn’t played any ODI cricket in Australia since early 2009 (except for the World Cup final of course)!

1 Like

3rd Test promo.

Does anyone know if this ever aired?

Do wonder about the day/night test against Pakistan. They have some lively fast bowlers. With a pink ball and in the tropics. Going to be intriguing.

Shane Warne, Kevin Pietersen and Michael Slater have been fined for not wearing seatbelts during a Facebook Live stream wrapping up day 4 of the recent Hobart Test.

What bunch of morons. Of course they should all know better, but Warne in particular considering he front Victoria’s road safety campaign. Should consider themselves very fortunate not to lose any demerit points. Why would you even “live stream” this in the first place? :roll_eyes:

In that case, I would expect to see Shane Warne sacked from his role with the Victorian road safety campaign then.

That’s not good enough, and Warne should know better.

Typical Nine behaviour, it seems. Tara Brown did the same in Lebanon.

2 Likes

Latest on the cricket broadcast rights negotiations…

Seems Nine’s head of sport Tom Maloe (new to the job), has a different view to CEO Hugh Marks?

STORY:

I wonder if Cricket Australia needs a new broadcaster. I think it might be time to give it a fresh coat of paint, so to speak.

2 Likes

I think Marks wants it all but he says he doesn’t want to spend a lot of money on it.

I very much doubt that will happen. Seems like it’s case closed with the fines received which totally pathetic. Imagine if either of us did the same thing. We’d lose points or worse still. Of course, if you have a name you can basically do as you please even if you are supposedly “role models” to young kids and all.

The desk they are using today.

1 Like