Nickelodeon (formerly 10Shake)

My 11 year old TV in the bedroom, does not broadcast current format HD.

So my Channel 10 would be on 1 and not appear on 10. So just did a rescan and I have no HD channels on 1, 20, 30, 70, 90.

Since the rescan, 10 Bold is on 12 but I have no 13, 15, 16, 17.

3 Likes

Get a set-top box.

2 Likes

Promo loop

1 Like

Still not sure why they couldn’t have just left 10 BOLD and Ten HD where they were with 10 Shake being allocated either 12 or 14.

But like some of their other recent decisions, Ten knows best, apparently.

2 Likes

Why bother? I only use it to watch news late at night and sometimes early morning programs if I’m having a lie in.

Not a single mention of Totally Wild, Scope or Crocomole in that near 7 minute loop.

4 Likes

I wonder why? Are they rethinking that decision?

Would it be problematic for Win, if that content disappears from Peach in terms of quotas?

1 Like

The channel rescan on the Fetch box didn’t quite work the way it was supposed to.

13 comes up as Unknown Channel 1 in Channels settings but does not appear in the TV Guide and cannot be selected.
15 10HD has moved to 15
16 TVSN is on 16
17 Spree TV moved to 17
1 10Bold still there

1 Like

Not from what I’ve heard, probably just a lack of promos made…

Yeah, WIN needs to air the local kids content… they’ll probably get playouts of the episodes and slot them into Peach - where they air now.

3 Likes

Yet again, it wouldnt hurt to sacrifice win gold or tvsn…

1 Like

No chance of that happening, they need every cent they can get.

4 Likes

TVSN and GOLD literally prints money for WIN.

9 Likes

If there’s one network that can run alternate programming with ease it is WIN. I’m confident they’ll find slots on Peach in place of repeats.

2 Likes

WIN can just dust off those old episodes of The Saddle Club rusting away in their vault.

4 Likes

So with the refresh, 1 has 10 HD rather than Bold, HD also moved from 13 to 15 for Shake with the advertorial channels on 16 and 17.

Why are they keeping 14 vacant?

1 Like

As a placeholder for future channels, I guess. So they don’t have to shift them all again.

3 Likes

No they cant, the quota only counts 1st, 2nd and 3rd runs of shows.

2 Likes

At the risk of being off-topic, there’s a reason that when anyone who asks “do I need to retune?” rt iis met with “it depends on your viewing device”.

The Hisense TV (2018) in the bedroom had swapped 10 Bold for 10 HD on LCN 1 without a fuss and without a retune. Similar story for the older Topfield PVR (c. 2012), which unlike the Hisense updated the program label. Both devices needed a retune to add Shake. Bizarrely, both my non-MPEG-4 compatible devices updated without a rescan.

The Toppy, however, won’t play ball with the new numbering - it has 10 HD and 10 Shake both on LCN 13, TVSN on LCN 14 and Spree on LCN 15.

3 Likes

My Foxtel IQ4 box is now showing two channel entries for 210, one is the normal 10HD and one is blank with “No Programming Information”- is this space reserved for Shake perhaps?

1 Like

Post 6pm line-up loop

6 Likes