Newsreader List Submissions

Further updates…

Weekend Sunrise
Monique Wright has returned from maternity leave

Weekend Today
Deborah Knight has returned from maternity leave and Jayne Azzopardi is now news presenter

Nine Early News
Lara Vella has replaced Julie Snook

Time to remove The Verdict?

Virginia Haussegger resigned as presenter of ABC News Canberra

2 Likes

Nine Early News
Lara Vella has replaced Julie Snook

When was this confirmed?

I actually confirmed it as Lara Vella was actually Julie Snook’s supposed replacement. However, I can’t recall if she did a few weeks on the Early News or not, Vella was promoted to Today Sydney Reporter in July/August within a matter of being appointed to the Early News. Since Nine have returned to rotating presenters.

1 Like

Just been updating the presenter lists (thanks to the above for the updates).

A few questions:

• Who currently presents Nine Morning and Afternoon News, while Davina Smith is on maternity leave?

• What the the Nine News Now schedule with Amelia Adams on maternity leave?

• Who is doing Seven Early News at the moment?

• Who is doing Friday Morning/Afternoon news on Seven?

• Who replaced Natassia Apolloni and Georgia Love on WIN?

As of early this month, Deborah Knight and Jayne Azzopardi share the role across the week. Amelia Adams was the original maternity relief before she went on maternity leave.

Amber Sherlock is the presenter Monday-Thursday and Natalia Cooper Fridays.[quote=“Brad, post:38, topic:1147”]
Who is doing Seven Early News at the moment?
[/quote]

Samantha Brett is the presenter whilst Jodie Speers is on maternity leave.

ATM, a rotation of presenters including Chris Reason, Angie Asimus and Robert Ovadia.

2 Likes

@Brad Some errors I noticed:

Nine:

• Sophie Walsh is at TCN now so Luke Bradnam presents the weather.

Seven:

• Sally Bowrey is also on maternity leave from Weekend Sunrise.
  • Ryan Phelan presents sport on the Morning News
  • I haven’t seen Giaan Rooney present QLD Arvo News for months, Pat Welsh has been presenting
  • Brisbane 6pm News weather- Tony Auden (Sunday-Thursday); Paul Burt (Friday-Saturday)
  • I believe Angela Tsun is now on ML :
2 Likes

Nine

• Natalia Cooper has replaced Steve Jacobs on Today
  • Tom Steinfort has replaced Peter Stefanovic on Weekend Today
  • Steve Jacobs has replaced Natalia Cooper on Weekend Today
2 Likes

NINE

• Cameron Williams presents sport Sunday-Thursday in Sydney
  • Yvonne has left the network
  • Liam Bartlett has left Nine News Perth to join 60 Minutes

SEVEN

• Angela Cox is Talitha’s maternity relief on Weekend Sunrise, not Denham.
  • Kay McGrath anchors weekend news solo in Brisbane
1 Like

A few updates to the regional news presenter lists.

Prime7 News

With previous Southern NSW (Wagga, Central West & Albury/Wodonga) newsreader Freya Cole having left the network on February 10 to become a reporter for Seven News Sydney, all five local bulletins share the same presenters now.

News & Sport: Madelaine Collignon & Kenny Heatley
Weather: Guy Fenton (who I believe also presents the weather on Prime7 News at 6.30pm bulletin these days )

WIN News

Tanya Dendrinos now presents weather on the Illawarra bulletin, as well as the five Victorian bulletins.

NBN

Jane Goldsmith has since returned from maternity leave to her weekend news presenting role.

Mike Lorigan is no longer at NBN News. Mitchell Hughes is technically the current weekend sports presenter of NBN News along with his usual weeknight position, although Chris White & Paddy Kilmurray regularly fill-in.

Nine News Regional, Southern NSW/ACT (new addition)

News: Vanessa O’Hanlon
Sport: Mike Lorigan
Weather: Gavin Morris

SEVEN

• Jacqueline Felgate is on ML. Emily Angwin is presenting the local Arvo News for Melb.
    *Angela Tsun has returned from ML to weekend Perth News.

NINE:

• James Bracey presents Weekend Today sport
  • Morning/Afternoon News- Deborah Knight (Mon/Fri) and Davina Smith (Tues-Thur)
  • Will McDonald and Alice Monfries share the local Adelaide Arvo News role (now from 4-5pm, same in Perth)

TEN:

• Lachlan Kennedy, Hugh Riminton and Candice Wyatt have all been removed from the 5pm anchor position to return to solo presenters.
    *Amanda Jason is on maternity leave - Amanda Hart presents weekend weather.

Are the Adelaide presenters really reading the Perth 4pm bulletin?

The 4.00 news is presented from Sydney and then perth has it own local bulletin at 4.30

Last i herd Emmy Kubainski was presenting Nine News Live at 4.

I way saying that both the LIVE Adelaide and Perth bulletins now run from 4pm-5pm (not 5pm-5.30 like last year). Obviously, Emmy Kubainski presents the Perth edition.

Nine News Regional, Victoria (new addition):

News: Jo Hall
Sport: Nathan Currie
Weather Sonia Marinelli

1 Like

ABC News Breakfast
Nate Byrne - weather presenter

1 Like

Seven News Melbourne
Melina Sarris - weather presenter on Saturdays

1 Like

Prime7 Local News/Prime7 News at 6.30pm:

Karl Lijnders is the new Weather Presenter for both bulletins from tonight. Guy Fenton presented his final forecasts for the network on Friday.

Does anybody know the name of the weather presenter for ABC Adelaide? I can’t find anything online. Do they have one? Thanks in advance for reply!

Haven’t had one in years.

1 Like