Newshub

Story 30/08/16

Kim Vinnell and Amanda Gillies hosting tonight.

1 Like

Nice. I’m always intrigued as to why Paul Henry gets underway at 5:58. Is it wanting to get a jump on their TV/radio rivals or to get to the news bang on six?

I’ve always thought for the news to be bang on six

@OnAir @damian it’s a combination. Its to make sure the radio station takes the show correctly. It means the news will always be closer to 6am than most rivals. It also means they can preview the show without cutting the news short or making the news and sport run too long.

2 Likes

Sacha McNeil and Michael Morrah presented Newshub Live at 6pm this weekend (3-4/9/2016).

2 Likes

Friday Story Panel 09.09.16

Lachlan Forsyth, Megan Annear, Ben Hurley & host Heather du Plessis-Allan.

1 Like

Last night (1/10) Jeff McTainsh presented sport, in fact the first time he’s presented since Newshub Midday was axed. Tonight Andrew Gourdie presented Super Sports Sunday; Nikki Styris was on holiday.

They had Shaun Summerfield doing sport one night last week too, haven’t seen him doing the news since, um, how long?

1 Like

So long I can’t even remember! :joy:

I recall Jeff presenting 6pm sport one Saturday in July so it’s not the first time he has filled in for sport.

1 Like

Oh, I reckon they should continue to use him then because he’s good!

1 Like

Daniel Rutledge is back at Newshub as the entertainment editor. He left Mediaworks about this time last year. Kate Rodger’s not leaving though, she will remain a entertainment reporter.

1 Like

Gemma Coombe (who was also a former WIN News reporter) presented sport tonight, in the place of Nikki Styris who is still on holiday.

It’s usually Michelle Pickles on the nights Gourdie isn’t doing it isn’t it?

Oops can never get the sport presenting schedule lol as there’s so fill-ins. Guess Gemma was filling in for Gourdie then.

Aziz filling in for Verity this morning who has food poisoning

Story reporter Lachlan Forsyth has left Mediaworks, his final story aired tonight.

1 Like

Mike Puru was guest weather presenter for Newshub Live at 6pm this evening (28/10), filling in for Kanoa Lloyd who is co-hosting The Friday Story alongside Ryan Bridge.

1 Like

During rehearsals tonight the VIZ controller for the 3x3 screen encountered an issue.

2 Likes