Newshub

Already use this lighting setup and colors on Newshub Late

1 Like

I hate the lighting on the presenters they look like they’ve over baked in the oven

1 Like

It seems darker, doesn’t it? Wouldn’t dare to watch Newshub Late cause the lighting gave me a damn painful headache tryin to watch it. A nice control of lighting for the night environment would make it a lot better…

1 Like

Woah! Love the new Sports location! Way better

2 Likes

Weather (new graphics):

Oops… Niue spelt Nuie here.

7 Likes

The Project Preview

5 Likes

Not a fan of them weather graphics at all.

1 Like

Here is some caps of the start of The Project

8 Likes

It’s a great start but it must be a work in progress as the opener would be great with “ Newshub 6pm with Sam Hayes & Mike Mcroberts “
The Weather Graphics OMG what can I say about the sun looks like I’m watching 3 Weather minus Belinda Todd so very 80’s early 90’s

1 Like

The headline bed music reminds me part of ITV’s Good Morning Britain Theme.

3 Likes

Yea I got a retro feel too wth the maps. Especially the water

2 Likes

Switched Newshub Late on near the end of it. Weather graphics are truly awful, bring back the old weather graphics I say! Colour scheme and the ‘looking ahead’ part needs to be edited. Very slip slop slap work by someone in MediaWorks.

1 Like

Only saw the first two segments on air, the music sounds urgent, but doesn’t give a “hey, the news is on” vibe.
Graphic changes I saw makes me wonder why they bothered.
Opener feels too long, having come from the very short previous package.

Haven’t seen the weather graphics on air, nor sport, but they looked all right enough in the post above… slightly thicker font on the weather ticker will please my mum.

2 Likes

Agree. It’s a weird ‘step back’ in some ways. Long opener takes me back to 2008 and the BBC type music doesn’t fit the New Zealand news agenda, more for British news. It will take some getting use too :joy:
Although I did really like the changes to the Sport section. The location change and backdrop is quite nice.

1 Like

It would be great if the imagery in the Newshub Intro updated everynight to match the stories coming up - abit like ABC News AU or ITV News re 2011?

1 Like

Letter in Helvetica inside a coloured circle. Looks like a NYC subway line to me! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

In fact, the ‘S’ in a gray bullet is used to represent multiple shuttles around the MTA.

4:30PM starts with a standing opener

4 Likes

Something about that standing position looks rather temporary.

Yeah, that’s the bit I don’t like either. The beginning with the date appearing behind Sam & Mike + the beeps work but the rest of it is a mess

1 Like