Newshub

Newshub going virtual like ITV News? Allows for more flexible storytelling.
I doubt it though.

1 Like

All gal panel on The Project tonight - Kanoa, Nadine, Michèle A’Court & Justine Smith. Nadine was called to fill-in because Jesse rode his bike into a stationary recycling bin on the way to the studio and dislocated his finger! They made a gag of it at the top of the show :joy:

3 Likes

(2/5/2019) Ollie Ritchie presented sport tonight on Newshub Live at 6pm.

1 Like

Samantha expecting her first child.
1,511 Likes, 80 Comments - Samantha Hayes (@samanthahayes) on Instagram: “Super excited to finally break the news that Jay & I are having a baby! We’ve been keeping it under…”

6 Likes

Was this the big change Newshub was talking about lol. congrats!

Wow totally unexpected! Congratulations :tada:

May very well be the reason why Melissa Chan-Green has been filling in for Sam quite a lot over the past couple of months.

(4/5/2019) Michael Morrah is presenting Newshub Live at 6pm with Melissa Chan-Green tonight.

2 Likes

I’d really like to see Nadine Higgins fill in for Sam when she goes on maternity leave.

1 Like

i agree nadine is great when she fills in on the project

Looks like it’s a new investigative series during Live at 6pm.

Hidden in plain sight: Newshub’s Patrick Gower investigates racism in New Zealand in the first Because it Matters Newshub special. Watch LIVE on Sunday 6pm, on Three or streaming online at Newshub.co.nz.

3 Likes

I wondered if RNZ might have been after Gower for Morning Report but his style suits Newshub. A bit underused since taking on the national correspondent role. This series could be good.

1 Like

Some caps of tonight’s Newshub Live at 6pm with the ‘Because it Matters’ special. About eight minutes in length and some distressing stuff was shown. It continues in coming nights.

5 Likes

I like it. This kind of depth is what I thought we’d be getting from Paddy when his national correspondent role was announced. Not pixelated pictures of Obama playing golf with John Key - that sort of shit must be as embarrassing for him as it is for the viewers.

1 Like

I have no doubt it matters and it’s a very important topic for obvious reasons, but I’m not sure what was new in Paddy’s report?

1 Like

(14/5/2019) Michael Morrah is presenting Newshub Live at 6pm with Samantha this evening.

I’m thinking the 4pm bulletin is getting the axe today.

3 Likes

Geepers.
I could be wrong but the reports sound like it will be much bigger restructure than a bulletin getting the chop…?

Is MediaWorks ever not restructuring? Feel for the staff there today, seems all of their plans for the Newshub brand have dissipated

5 Likes

Any organisation going through restructuring doesn’t go well in the long run.