Newshub

I would be happy with that. Really liked Garner when he was doing his drive show, can’t stand him now on The AM show.

1 Like

I really cannot stand Garner now. I was fond of him as a broadcaster in his work prior, but now he’s just carrying on with this agenda that clearly belongs on Newstalk.

1 Like

If Garner isn’t going anywhere in a hurry, I’d replace Gillies with Ingrid Hipkiss. She at least gives a different viewpoint a lot of the time unlike Amanda who just sits there gritting her teeth. No idea why they chose Amanda over Ingrid after the Paul Henry show finished up.

I get Magic Talk is trying to be Newstalk 2.0 but as for Mark , Garner’s kind of made him redundant as far as the right wing ramblings go.

Newstalk ZB offers a variety of opinions,
I find it unfair that the station is branded with ‘right leaning’ views.
You have Jack Tame, Kerre McIvor, Marcus Lush to name a few…

That’s true… especially with Leighton & Larry gone. When Hosking eventually calls time on ZB I’m sure that right wing perception will leave with him (and likely their ratings too, lol)

It’s a bit like Radio NZ, eh? Red radio. And to think it was widely regarded as that even when Sean Plunket hosted Morning Report…

Trudi Nelson hosting Newshub Late tonight

3 Likes

Is Trudi a journalist by trade? Have loved her work on radio and her voice is just the best.

I think she started her career in radio as a journalist then became a newsreader then radio show host ect.

1 Like

The AM Show has modified the backdrop behind Eric for ANZAC Day

4 Likes

Don’t miss tonight’s guest host Peter Williams on @theproject_nz :star_struck::raised_hands:

6 Likes

Nadine Higgins is also on The Project tonight. A few former TVNZ staff haha

3 Likes

Yeah who invited Corbett to the TVNZ reunion.

Stunned to see Williams on The Project. Genuinely though he wouldn’t do any TV against TVNZ.

4 Likes

I didn’t think he would appear on TV anymore either as he essentially retired from the medium when he left TVNZ.

Despite disagreeing with his opinions these days I thought he was great tonight. Hopefully they get him back on a semi-regular basis.

2 Likes

Peter Williams would be an awesome co host when Jesse is away he’s looks sooo much happier when he was the guest panelist on the project
Yes he works on magic talk
But there’s nothing stopping Peter from presenting
News hub three news occasionally.
Age is no barrier

2 Likes

i saw a different side to peter on the project it was refreshing

Interesting. Not sure what I think about this. Newshub promised to do the same at launch (tell stories differently) but it’s never really happened.

2 Likes

Wonder what it is? Sounds very interesting. New programme? New bulletin format? Website relaunch? What are your guesses @OnAir?

Maybe a panel to discuss the talking points of the day wrapped into the newshour…?

1 Like

I really don’t know.

What they are talking about seems to be quite Campbell Live/3rd Degree-ish but I can’t see a show like that returning. Perhaps a series of investigations into issues, but not sure that would be worth promoting.

@nztv - reminds me of The Ralston Group!

2 Likes

Yeah when I listened properly I thought it sounds nothing like that at all. :laughing: Wishful thinking…

I think by “A change in the way we see the news” - also - “tell the news” - could be they are going to get into augmented reality graphics like TVNZ

1 Like