Newshub

Only for some shows and content

Jeez that’s slack. And they call themselves a developed country…

1 Like

Yeah you’re telling me. We don’t have strict laws around providing captions. NZ has the worse free market broadcasting regulations in the world, no local content quota’s or other rules to help foster a healthy broadcasting environment.

4 Likes

Noticed some screen-clutter last monday at the top of the bulletin saying something about captions. Can’t say I’ve noticed it since… (edit) it must have been a misfire.

There was a story in last night’s bulletin about it, but I can’t find it online.

https://twitter.com/NewshubNZ/status/1594900775377211393
https://twitter.com/TheProject_NZ/status/1594937408209960962

3 Likes

Incredibly interesting!

1 Like

6 Likes

I felt Lisette deserved reporter of the year over Barbara Dreaver though

Yeah I thought Lisette for reporter of the year would have been a given!

3 Likes

PM first time in AM’s new studio

5 Likes
4 Likes

Wow. Oriini to replace them?

If its moving inhouse then makes a lot of sense for Oriini to take over, shes that natural choice and will be available more with 4.30pm gone, though if shes doing 11.30am then timing wise it woukd make sense for when the show is filmed in the afternoons

1 Like

Appalling behaviour by Ryan Bridge today. Sack him already.

1 Like

what did he do?

6 Likes

I think @lm123 is referring to this:

1 Like

Right.

Well, as much as Ryan was probably in the wrong on his ‘vibes-based’ approach, we also have to be careful of government spin too and crime stats are notoriously easy to bend whichever way.
I don’t think he went about it in the best way - but if people are feeling less safe then Kiri Allen trying to tell them it’s all in their head is not going to help either.

2 Likes

Must be hard living with your head that far down the rabbit hole…

1 Like

I’m sure the family of the dairy owner that got killed appreciates the crime rate is apparently going down.

Latitude Homes Returns as Newshub Weather Sponsor as Meridian Energy NZ heads off on Christmas / New Year Break.

With Laura Tupou presenting the News, Andrew Gourdie Presenting Sport Sponsored by Suzuki New Zealand and Heather Keats Presenting Newshub Weather.

2 Likes