Newshub

Ingrid Hipkiss hosting 6PM tonight with Jeff McTanish on sport Kanoa Lloyd on sport

1 Like

I think it is a shooting location, not the actual set.

Looks to me like the NZ Live studio used for trackside

Long time reader…

Hey GradyACN, interesting the Paul Henry set will be kept as when The AM show was announced they said it would have “a new approach, new set and new sound” . Do you know if the microphones are going?
I thought they might use the Story / Nation / Hui set as it will be only be used for the weekend shows with The Project getting its own

1 Like

Melisa Davies hosting tonight with Kanoa Lloyd on weather and Jeff McTanish on sport

1 Like

Melisa Davies hosting solo with Mike Peru on weather and Shaun Summerfield on sport

1 Like

Jesse Mulligan, Kanoa Lloyd and Josh Thomson have been announced as the hosts of The Project… thoughts? :thinking:

1 Like

Newshub Late has returned for 2017 - Sacha McNeil is presenting.

1 Like

I give it three months until more Come Dine With Me

1 Like

Hahaha your probably right or at least until the end of the year at most. Im not sure why they went with Jesse Mulligan considering he has been part of a three person hosting team on a 7pm entertainment based show before (i dont consider seven sharp to be current affairs personally) that failed to fire during most of his time there.

I think Mediaworks also need to start promoting the upcoming AM Show, is there even a launch date yet? It just gives the former Paul Henry audience to find alternatives especially when TV3 have children’s programming occupying the timeslot at the moment.

1 Like

Is Mulligan leaving Radio NZ? Could be why he’s on over summer, just in case it flops?

Oops, the “Editors” must still be on holiday…

Apparently he will still do his RNZ show.

Not bad. Think it could work remembering that Jesse Mulligan was the funnyman on Seven Sharp- hopefully he will leave that to Josh Thomson on The Project. I’ll give it a chance…

After 14 years at TV3, Michelle Pickles is leaving her position as sports presenter in March to become the Media Personnel Manager for the NZ Racing Board.

1 Like

So with the Project coming weeknights at 7 on 3 , does anyone know , will the show be shot in front of a live studio audience?

1 Like

Mine back on the desk last night. Sam is still on holidays. Ingrid Hipkiss will return to her previous role as weekday weather presenter. Alex O’Hara will remain weekend weather presenter and Mike Puru will remain as back-up for both ladies.

1 Like

It was Kanoa’s last night as weather presenter on Newshub Live at 6pm. She is now off to The Project, I guess Ingrid Hipkiss will return tomorrow?

Mike didn’t join Kanoa and Melissa in front of the weather screen… was he not wearing any pants?

From what I understand, Ingrid returns next Monday (30th Jan) - she is currently still away on holiday. Mike Puru or Alex O’Hara will present weather tomorrow/weekend.

Kanoa would be the best weather presenter tv3 have had apart from Belinda Todd as mike said her future is on the up .
It’s great to have mike puru presenting tv3 weather he’s great a natural to me mike puru is the peter Sinclair of mediaworks constantly reinventing himself & not ageing always happy