Newshub

Thats true, Mediaworks rely heavily on reporting only their key demographics to shield what are no doubt fairly low overall results. I know these shows have target demographics but when you compare 415,000 to 144,000 you wonder whether the show will survive long enough. Is that size audience large enough to sustain the cost of producing the programme and make a buck out of it?

And remember there is the ‘Auckland’ demographic that they refer to when they need to really spin it.

Yes, cumulative audience is a goodie too!
I dunno… they say 25-54 is what the advertisers are interested in… wasn’t that the demo Paul Henry’s show kept beating Breakfast in & then tvnz made big changes. I bet they’re wondering if it was worth it now Henry’s gone.

MW must have been hoping The Project would be as popular as 7 Days which has to be one of the few to do ok in 5+ … usually 300 - 350k I think.

True, Paul Henry must have spooked them considering the changes they made. But your right if they held off long enough they wouldn’t have had to do anything as well as save themselves some cash.

7 Days last week = 212,500

This page here is updated weekly, but only provides numbers for shows including Three’s The Nation that are funded by NZ on Air.

The AM Show performance area this moring.

5 Likes

Well then, Not what I would expect to see on the AM Show…

1 Like

Melissa Davies filling in for Samantha Hayes on Newshub Live at 6pm tonight (19/5/2017) as well as last night.

Also, Janika ter Ellen presented Newshub Late last night (18/5).

1 Like

18/05/17 Newshub Live at 6

18/05/17 Newshub Late

19/05/17 Newshub Live at 6

1 Like

And Shaun’s leaving…

2 Likes

This is probably a dumb question but if Mediaworks ever wanted or had to, could they add the microphones to the old Story set & air The AM Show from that space?? I know it’d be more work than that but would it be possible?

Not sure.

There aren’t any XLR mic inputs on that desk for it to work easily without cables hanging everywhere[quote=“nztv, post:423, topic:665”]
I know it’d be more work than that but would it be possible?
[/quote]

It could be possible but the look wouldn’t be right / difficult to cut cameras on that side for what the AM show would want

2 Likes

Not new but the Breaking News graphic as seen on Newshub Late tonight (26/05).

Video:

5 Likes

Simon Shepherd filling in for Tom McRae on Newshub Live at 6pm this evening (28/05). Mike Puru is also filling in on the weather.

2 Likes

Here is what The Project NZ is doing, Roving Enterprises format then the +HR=E

3 Likes

Various caps from Newshub Late

4 Likes

Ryan Bridge presenting weather on Newshub Live at 6 2/06/17

3 Likes

Surprised they got Ryan! Wonder why they couldn’t get Mike Puru

1 Like

Mike is in Gore for the Golden Guitar music awards and wasn’t available.

2 Likes

Ryan Bridge presenting weather again on Newshub Live at 6pm this weekend (3-4/6/2017).

1 Like

I prefer Ryan to Mike, Mike is far too cliche