Newshub

Looks more like 1998 than 2011

5 Likes

Especially those credits! It even has the old-school “dim the lights when the program is over” effect! The only example of this where I think this works is on The Project. Does the NZ also do this?

2 Likes

They do, Unfortunately, the playoff at the end of the show isn’t long enough for a full dimming of the lights.

The Nation still does it while the credits run

2 Likes

God I miss that set, does anyone else?

It really was a brilliant set, it was exciting to see it when it was introduced back in 2008 as it was such an upgrade compared to previous sets. A true multipurpose set that TV3 made every use of and I reckon it could have been modified again for Newshub from 2016.

2 Likes

I do, it was fantastic, I tried to get some of the set pieces before it was dismantled, unfortunately I missed out.
, [quote=“Reece, post:398, topic:665”]
A true multipurpose set that TV3 made every use of and I reckon it could have been modified again for Newshub from 2016.
[/quote]

I even did a 3D model to think what they could have done.

1 Like

Nadine Higgins (née Chalmers-Ross) filling in for Kanoa tonight on The Project. She was the former co-presenter of Breakfast until she was replaced by Hilary Barry. Rhys Mathewson continuing to fill in for Josh, who’s away doing some acting.

5 Likes

Wow, I never though I’d see Nadine on three.

1 Like

Lol, I thought the same about Hillary Barry ever appearing on TVNZ 1 and of course the recent announcement of John Campbell also doing a series on TVNZ 1 this year.

Nadine was good though so hopefully she will be the go to person when Kanoa is away.

3 Likes

That’s a good point about Hillary and Campbell.

The Project MEGA

The Project NZ crosses to The Project AU for AUS VS NZ, I will get the video up ASAP in the meantime enjoy the caps

3 Likes

Here is the best I can do the Facebook post. Hopefully it’s available across the globe

1 Like

@theGradyConnell Link does not work here in Melbourne

Anyways.

3 Likes

I haven’t been able to access the Australian project Facebook page since the NZ one launched so it has been geo blocked and vice-versa. Seems unnecessary since they aren’t competing for the same audience and cover completely different countries.

1 Like

Here is it on YouTube

3 Likes

Anyone else notice slightly different Project NZ graphics? The new look at the top:

Guessing TP Aus has had them for some time?

Also this bg

has replaced

5 Likes

How is the Project NZ going in the ratings?

Ratings information is very scarce in NZ these days to the general public and there is no where online that publishes a daily breakdown since throng.co.nz stopped doing it in about 2015. You can subscribe to ratings data but im sure that isnt a viable/cheap option when its only an interest to many of us and not something to rely on for business.

Occasionally figures get reported in news articles about shows but often you only get a particular demographic figure rather than 5+.

2 Likes

Mediaworks seem to rarely report 5+ because I guess the numbers are so uncompetitive with TVNZ. Stuff reported 5+ viewers for Seven Sharp vs The Project a couple of weeks in… it was 415,000 to 144,000. Mediaworks prefer 25-54 which in its first week The Project average audience was 61,000 & Seven Sharp 96,000.
Most recent MW release: "The Project won the current affairs audience on Monday evening (1st May) in all four demographics, with a 5.2 rating in the 25-54 audience"
Those other demographics are 18-39, 18-49 & Household Shoppers with Kids…I think!

The project need to ditch all their “funny guys” they arent funny, they try too hard and just looks embarrasing.

1 Like