Newshub

Here are some caps. Had issues uploading them here so unfortunately I had to host them on imgur.

Here is a link.

1 Like

Awkies how Rove kinda stole the show…

Interesting to see lots of shared content/clips across both versions. I wonder if we will ever see shared stories with local voiceovers?

3 Likes

Are these presenters big or known names within NZ?

Yes they are josh Thompson has been on three’s 7 days , Jesse mulligan was on the original seven sharp team which is tvnz 1’s 7 pm current event’s show
Konoa Lloyd has been presenting three’s week night weather .
I’m very very impressed with the project’s first show personally after nearly 28 years since three has been on air starting with a current affair with Genevieve westcott which in my opinion was a show that had potential if tv3 fortunes were better back then.
It’s relatable to the target audience a bit like more fm’s original 1991 slogan "not to heavy not too soft"
2017 will be the year of three

1 Like

Josh Thomson’s jokes really fell flat, I mean reallyyyy flat so much so, the hosts jokes were funnier. I just hope this gets the time it needs to become better. Rove was fantastic tonight though.

You can watch the video provided by NaruTVMock

9 Likes

Any news on the ratings?

2 Likes

The Project equaled rival TVNZ show Seven Sharp. Ratings double that of both former TV3 shows Campbell Live and Story. Good result for the show’s first night.

1 Like

Wow, impressive results, Seven Sharp had turned into a power house after the lackluster competition on Three. Had The Project Australia ever been shown in NZ before?

Its because he isnt funny.

An Australian review:

[quote]The only difference appears to be the local lingo. Guests becomes “gists”, headlines becomes “hidlines”. It’s pretty adorable.
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/the-project-nz-a-frightening-trip-into-a-tv-bizarro-world-20170221-guhj3p.html[/quote]

3 Likes

The comment above is partly correct but doesn’t provide the full picture. In the 25-54 demographic they were extremely close. Overall though the project (182,000) had under half of Seven Sharps (438,000) audience. Seven Sharp would skew older though especially those people who tune in for Mike Hosking.

1 Like

Its because they have bought all the rights for the show and that includes all the branding viz files ect.

Yes, fair point. The Project won 18-39 which is definitely a younger audience than what Seven Sharp target. 25-54 results: The Project 17.1%, Seven Sharp 17.2. Incredibly close.

I like the show but imo they should replace Jesse with someone who will bring a bit more substance. He’s supposed to be the shows anchor yet so far I don’t see him as any more than the 2nd comedian on the show.

1 Like

Agreed, hes the weak link in the presenting team. I still don’t get how he got the job considering his previous 7pm hosting role.

1 Like

Me neither. the exec producer Jon Bridges seems to be his biggest fan. “Jesse: also a complete no-brainer. He’s got so much comedy background, but also so much daily news background doing Radio New Zealand for the last couple of years. Everyone was like, if we can get Jesse it’ll be incredible.”

but I think Mark Jennings is on the money here "So here’s a prediction: The Project won’t be an overnight sensation but MediaWorks will hang in there for 12 months. Then, the pressure will come on and they will eventually hand the reins to Gower.

Gower could provide the power that The Project needs if it, and indeed TV3 itself, want to thrive rather than simply survive, the next few years." http://www.newsroom.co.nz/2017/02/17/the-project-tv3/

2 Likes

Agreed. Gower would have been a much better choice. Can picture him delivering some rollicking editorials ala Waleed. I can buy Jennings’ argument about not wanting to shift him in election year though.

Still not sold on Josh either, Jeremy Elwood might have been better.

3 Likes

Some may say that, Ali Mau sure didn’t have a lot of charisma …others think it failed because of the “unfunny comedian”. But Jesse is starting to give his opinions to different topics instead of just jokes which is good. I think Josh is funny, heaps of energy & I’m sure the show will keep improving as it find its feet.

NEWSHUB ANNOUNCES NEW WEEKDAY NEWS BULLETIN FOR THREE IN MARCH

Newshub has today announced a brand new weekday Newshub bulletin will be coming to Three later this month.

Launching on March 20th, Newshub Live at 4pm will provide an afternoon news product Monday to Friday that will feature live content, studio interviews and a faster pace than traditional 6pm or late programmes.

The half an hour programme will include full coverage of the spectrum of News & Current Affairs, lifestyle and entertainment news, as well as allowing for expanded coverage of major news events taking place in New Zealand, or globally, ahead of 6pm.

It will be presented by Newshub’s Susie Nordqvist, who will also help produce the bulletin.

MediaWorks Chief News Officer Hal Crawford said: “As a network we are committed to news - with this new afternoon bulletin we’re catering to evolving audience demand and increasing the amount of news we broadcast.”

“Internationally, afternoon news is an area of growth for free-to air-broadcasters. This programme will provide in-demand content to the sizeable television audience at this time, increase audience for Newshub Live at 6pm and further cement our position as New Zealand’s number one news service.”

3 Likes