News Themes

The current one

1 Like

Back in 2012, Gem aired the movie “Cool Hand Luke” during which the Tar Sequence is played - and of course that was where the famous Nine News theme was born from.

Courtesty: whophd

4 Likes

Earlier this month Newshub introduced a fresh new look, which included new opening titles, new theme music, new augmented reality (AR) graphics and the same font as Three’s.

@OnAir @NaruTVMock @theGradyConnell I wonder who created and produced the new Newshub theme…

1 Like

My educated guess is telling me that someone called Jonathan Clark has created it because as seen in the credits here he also was involved with AM and Election/Investigates theme
AM Titles on Vimeo
Newshub Investigates The Enchanter Tragedy Title Sequence on Vimeo

1 Like

This sounds like something that would be used in New Zealand.

(This theme music was used on 3 News Ireland, now “Virgin Media News”)

1 Like

ABC Breakfast theme;
World Headline News - De Wolfe Production Music (dewolfemusic.com)

4 Likes

Granada tonight 1999 closing theme

1 Like

A longer version of TVQ’s news theme - with news credits.

1 Like

Interesting you say this, when analysing, it is the same, just with slightly more percussive elements at the end of the theme, signifying a faster pace. It would be interesting to see a drummer try this in reality.

It has taken a while. but I have collated and created a 3 minute version of the theme (WIP still, trying to get the opening phrases of the theme).

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/x3tj1m3cn8g2l07zlu33u/10-News-First-Breakfast-Midday-Theme.aif?rlkey=wg01qrl804pulk20t5k9acsnt&dl=1

also if anyone can help me embed this so it plays here, rather than clicking through to dropbox, that would be great, ta.

10 Likes

Amazing job. Sounds fantastic.

1 Like

Change the last 0 to 1 in the embed URL.

3 Likes

I have the opening titles, I posted them to my Metropol https://up.metropol247.co.uk/NothMountan29/10%20News%20First%20Sting%201.mp3

1 Like

A recognizable news theme (if you live in Inzid)

1 Like

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/abc-news-bulletins-potential-changes-to-the-7pm-news/video/34dbaab2fb9252cb4011873c24a38821

1 Like

What is that??? Appears to be somebody drunk filming a TV screen so I didn’t bother going any further…

ABC sent out to the YourSpace community a bunch of possible changes to the 7pm bulletin to gauge reactions as they usually do, someone filmed it from their screen which is what The Australian has used there.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming: I think we can skip posting bad quality screen recordings, especially when this particular theme is already widely available in high quality (and has been posted here many times).

I thought it was a YouTube upload at first (since there’s plenty of junk screen recordings on there) but to see that from The Australian is just sad.

It shows you that News Corp have no credibility.

@MichaelPower and I were joking last night about how the person recording is channeling their inner “E3 photographer” (someone who leaks video game/hardware reveals at a now defunct video game trade show), and that no one can record with a steady hand and in a centred position, haha.

Surveys don’t always amount to changes, but a revival of the classic theme with a modern retuning would be cool if it did happen, considering that option was explored in 2016.

Though the current theme arrangement used since 2005 (remixed in 2010 and again 2017) does have holding power, being used for almost 20 years now.

2 Likes

I meant to post this to show the video that the ABC showed to focus groups using this theme.

1 Like