News Themes

I’m not really crazy on the current themes for Today or Sunrise (much like the programs in general, but that’s another story), the previous versions were better IMO.

3 Likes

Since it’ll probably leave us for the relaunch on Monday, here’s the ABC News Radio theme.

‘Ringtone’ that used to be on their website: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4s0gacjj3szpt62/ABC%20[News%20Radio].mp3?dl=0

A recording featuring the weather and an update (including an extended theme at the end): https://www.dropbox.com/s/wllr66j4om5jqjv/2017-04-07%20-%20ABC%20News%20Radio%20[1615].mp3?dl=0

Sorry if this post should belong somewhere else.

3 Likes

Here’s a short montage of just a few ABC News 2017 stings and a couple of beds (finance, close) from day 1 of the relaunch:

@NZBC

12 Likes

Thanks!

I’m just wondering where you got the oneABC font from.

The new ABC News website uses oneABC as a webfont, which is downloaded when you visit the site (CSS @font-face queries).

4 Likes

An extension of this can be found here:

9 Likes

I think this is more of a copy and paste mash up of the existing theme we have already heard, Especially at 0:20 mark (the audio files are just out of sync). Then at 54 seconds, it’s cut from the closer (again at 1:13). There’s a lot of other stuff I could say but yeah.

There is like 10 seconds of new stuff in there though.

I like it. But that just seems like a mash up.

1 Like

So it turns out ‘A Path To Heaven’ is the current Today Tonight Adelaide song since it was changed in 2016… https://bmgmusic.sourceaudio.com/#!details?id=7964474

I overheard it used during a Channel ten programme and had to find this out once and for all :wink:

6 Likes

I personally think that music would probably be a really good breakfast program theme. But aside from the more dramatic part towards the end, it sounds a bit too light for 6.30pm current affairs IMO.

I wonder what the previous Today Tonight Adelaide theme music was?

1 Like

Oh it sounds 1000x better than what the old TT music was like. That music sounded like Sensationalist sh*t.

5 Likes

Sounds like the end credits for a Lifetime movie

NB/ For those who don’t understand the reference, we cross now to our resident Movieman for more:

Thanks Luke.

2 Likes

I was thinking the dramatic part from the vocal version of the same arrangement sounds like something Today Tonight could use if they ever decide to do an ‘out bush’ travel show (no please no … I’m kidding! but that’s what it makes me think of :thinking:)

The previous music was changed over in I think 2005. I’m glad they finally changed it from this one as I was so sick of the old repetitive track. It wouldn’t surprise me if this previous track was done in-house.
Here’s a rough sample but it is more than enough to give you the idea of how repetitive it really is

And the one before that (unless I’ve missed one) from around 1996

3 Likes

Might as well get used to it. :joy:

4 Likes

FINALLY - The 7 News sad theme in all its glory…

9 Likes
1 Like

THIS IS QUITE POSSIBLY THE BEST VIDEO I HAVE FOUND IN A LONG TIME… And yes I meant caps…

The 7 News theme unedited for a good 35 seconds!! It’s the Perth version, but it’ll send a chill down the spine!

Quick, someone record it and back it up before it disappears! Haha very rare!

6 Likes
4 Likes

The current 9 News theme in its entirety here!

3 Likes