News Events

A lot of people are ‘known to police’. It’s a meaningless phrase.

If they have completed any sentence handed down to them for precious offending, what are the cops supposed to do?

6 Likes

My understanding is this is a very broad term which indicates one’s presence on the police database as having had contact with police, anything from being a recidivist criminal to a victim of crime or witness.

4 Likes

Sky News were frothing at the mouth to talk about immigration when the Bondi attack happened, before it came out that the perpetrator was white.

I can only imagine how they’ll react to an Assyrian Orthodox church stabbing.

1 Like

“It’s the labor party war against Christians”

ABC reports that the teenager accused of committing the attack has previously been charged with knife offences and was on a good behaviour bond.

Wasn’t Paul Murray live at the time that the news broke?

1 Like

“Known to police” is a pretty useless statement especially in this context.

For example, I am considered “known to police” in Victoria, after being a witness to an incident a few years ago and providing them a statement.

2 Likes

More unsettling news stories that have just emerged today :frowning:

Alleged mushroom drink poisoning at a Victorian health retreat.

Armed gangs at a shopping centre in Melbourne’s northwest waving knives and machetes and forcing families to flee.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/police-courts-victoria/terrified-mothers-kids-flee-machetewielding-gangs-at-woodgrove-shopping-center/news-story/09388a3c7e419c51dd4dd71921edb104

4 Likes