News Corp Australia

Late Edition of today’s Courier Mail :laughing:

The Weekend Australian editor Michelle Gunn will add the weekday edition to her role. Gunn is the first female to edit The Australian and the first person to edit both weekday and weekend editions in many years.

Editing weekday and weekend is an example of more cost cutting.

If you’re cynical, you’d think the blokes had given up and given a female the funeral rites however this paper won’t die as long as Rupert is alive.

And at its worst?

Most days. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Why does News Corp have a vendetta with Ellen DeGeneres right now?

Often they’ve done this to celebrities who have said or done something against their conservative agenda but this relentless attack has been going on for weeks now. They’ve been trawling through everything she’s done in her life and reporting it with a negative spin. Every single day there is a story on the News website about how she is mean, awful and today a “villain”.

Why are they pursuing her like this? Why Ellen in particular?

They’ve seen an opportunity to put the knife in, largely thanks to a Twitter thread from last year about what its like to work for her. The coverage was popular, so they go again - and the cycle continues.

Add onto this her alleged poor treatment & pay cuts to employees during COVID, and prior to the above viral twitter thread the massive criticism she copped for her friendship with George W Bush.

News Corp has only got onto the bandwagon because it’s getting clicks.

Popular, well-liked celebrity turns out to be not nice? In this day and age, its got clicks written all over it

Cancel culture is weirdly popular

1 Like

But the attack is incessant. There’s a “new” story at the top of their site every single. Must be a lot of clicks to keep doing it.

I just wonder if there’s some other business deal that soured which is making them pursue her like this.

Shes done it to herself lately with all these stories coming out , whether they are true or not. Ellen has an image problem and it all started with her comments about being in lock down in her fabulous mention being compared to a prison. She’s a fake.

1 Like

Don’t overthink it, it’s the clicks.

3 Likes

Well she’s a comedian and that is what is considered a joke. It might have fallen flat at this time but the attack is disproportionate to the joke. As I said before, they are jumping on everything she says or does right now.

Comparing her mansion to a prison? I consider it tasteless GIVEN what’s happening to the world at the moment. That being said, I do now to tend to agree that she is coping more of it from news Corp Australia in the last couple weeks than any other news organization. Given half of what people are saying about her now on Twitter can’t be substantiated.

We can debate about the politics of comedian jokes in another three. :crazy_face:

says the guy with the big thinking face as his profile picture

:thinking:

Tomorrow could be yet another brutal day for the Australian media industry with between 500 & 1,000 jobs to reportedly be axed at News Corp

1 Like

I think the suburban newspapers division will feel the brunt of the job losses. Papers like Leader which have temporarily stopped printing may not even resume.

2 Likes

ABC News are reporting that most regional and community papers will go digital

1 Like