News Corp Australia

Be aware you have to ring to cancel. Old school make it hard to cancel by not allowing you to do it online.

That’s ridiculous.

Of course there has to be a catch :roll_eyes:

1 Like

At the end of the four weeks? They take the first payment 5 days before the trial period ends. And to cancel a subscription you must give 7 business days notice.

3 Likes

They’re doing it for their back pocket, News Corp wouldn’t ever give anything away for ‘free’.

well at airports they give away free copies of The Australian and that city’s respective NewsCorp paper.

These copies help boost circulation numbers, which in turn mean they can charge more for advertising.

1 Like

David Davutovic has left the Herald Sun after nearly nine years, mostly as soccer writer. He didn’t wait until the end of the A-League season to leave.

The Chaser’s got a free cancellation service just because it’s such a pain to get rid of it

Edit: except it’s been put on hold now lol

3 Likes

The local papers are free but News wants readers to pay for the online version.

1 Like

News Corp’s US correspondent Sarah Blake has tested positive to coronavirus.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/coronavirus/coronavirusnews-corp-journo-tells-of-familys-covid19-hell/news-story/8ed4b8870a1fd3214dd44c07ef68f226

Help! I’m looking for the answer to a clue in yesterday’s News Corp cryptic crossword puzzle. It’s the only one I can’t figure out and it’s bugging me.

The clue is: From Holland, applies therapy to self funded outings (5,6). DUTCH_R_A_S. If anyone knows the answer or can look it up in today’s newspaper I’d appreciate it.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Thanks. Wouldn’t have got that in thousand years.

2 Likes

Over the past week every journalist (it appears to me) in The Australian has been pro George Pell and every journalist in The Daily Telegraph and The Australian has been in favour of the NRL returning in late May and anti Channel Nine, with most conveniently ignoring that Foxtel have also refused to pay the NRL and want to negotiate to pay less.

Does New Corp Australia chief Michael Miller email company-wide instructions dictating what stance Rupert Murdoch wants each week?

1 Like

Does all this really surprise you?? It’s been happening for years and years. It’s disgraceful.

3 Likes

Apparently my library card has expired since I last tried, but you can read most newspapers online through the Victorian state library. Not sure if it includes The Australian - it certainly implies it does but I can’t check.

1 Like

The Australian reports its owner News Corp is aiming to have its own newswire service to be ready to launch by the end of June, and is casting the net for staff in most major capitals as well as an editor-in-chief to head up the business. Former Adelaide Advertiser editor Mel Mansell, which is heading up the project, said the service would provide content to other News Corp mastheads but would be independent of them. It will also aim to sell content to other media organisations in much the same manner that AAP currently does.

1 Like