News Corp Australia

That massive 7 logo has been consistent across all out of home media for Dirty Dancing and even their new drama, it’s rather big.

Long time cartoonist for The Australian and The Mercury, Jon Kudelka, has joined The Saturday Paper.

I read the paper’s media section on Mondays and often see Kudelka’s cartoons. They are very funny.

2 Likes

Read that on the weekend in the paper and glad for that. Has been a loss for Morry not to have a weekly cartoonist after Pryor finished up (great cartoons they were too).

1 Like

Front page tomorrow. Nine (nee Fairfax) with a similar campaign one as part of #RightToKnow campaign.

I think the News Corp tabloids are following suit? Not sure since their front pages aren’t tweeted.

See campaign advert

1 Like

It appears the NT News was the only capital city paper that put an advertisement on the front page, however most of the News Corp regional daily papers that have this front page also have an ad at the bottom.

Newspaper readers by definition are often an older audience and of those who buy News Corp tabloids, simple living conservatives are likely.

Wonder what many of them thought of the Sunday Tele’s front page hype for their sex survey?

Most of the content wouldn’t have surpassed a Cosmo or Dolly mag but that’s not the same audience and I can picture quite a few prudes throwing out the liftout.

Maybe Antony Catalano and Thorney would be interested in buying News Corp’s suburban and regional Australian newspapers if News puts them up for sale?

1 Like

The Weekend Australian increased its cover price by 20c on the weekend, but…

Pure desperation.

2 Likes

Bit of shuffling at the Herald Sun:

Any Brisbane contributors able to shed any light on the directiin the Herald Sun may now take?

3 Likes

Probably more conservative judging by the front pages of the Courier Mail of late.

Interestingly, a few of the Hun reporters are at The Age recently - Anthony Galloway, Rob Harris. Expect to see a few more, I’d reckon, if the Hun goes more right wing.

2 Likes

The Northern Territory News had a heavy involvement in tonight’s finale of The Amazing Race Australia. It printed special front pages and the editor Matt Williams gave out the clues to the final three teams.

It’s called product placement.