News Corp Australia

The Sun newspaper in 1984:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpXu-8z0TOw

Source: Australian Television Archive

Dynasty’s Linda Evans. The Sun looks at her lives and loves.”

Even then covering the big stories :stuck_out_tongue:

… and petrol is 47.5 cents a litre!

1 Like

The Australian reports that Julie Hare is leaving after editing the higher education section for seven years to take a Canberra-based role within KPMG’s education unit. And next month surfing editor and online producer Fred Pawle, who has clocked up three stints at the paper over 25 years, is joining former Weekend ­Australian editor Nick Cater at the Menzies Research Centre as ­communications director.

Does anybody know these people? I have no idea who these people are, so reporting every departure and arrival at newspapers is pointless. Is this interesting to anyone?

2 Likes

Yes!

Top headline on the Daily Tele at the moment:

This publication’s obsession with NRL is insane. A Canterbury Bulldogs fan, yup, thanks for that vital information. :roll_eyes:

Yes, leading with the title “BULLDOG AND A ‘BOMB’”

Club Statement:

The club are extremely disappointed at the article in the Daily Telegraph this morning showing an alleged terrorist wearing a Bulldogs jersey and linking the person to the club.
We are currently investigating the matter today and speaking with the relevant people involved.

Typical from news corp. how did the football team he support have anything to do with him being an alleged terrorist.

3 Likes

A tweet featuring a News-owned Fox Sports promotion, immediately after the tweet expressing disappointed at News.

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/20545246_10209769043287338_7181507452182561349_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=189edb76f09004391784a598541d947d&oe=59FECC40

Well that front page is even more pathetic.

I found this article online. Seems to sum up this morning’s front page pretty well.

News Corp has relaunched two of Sydney local titles Mosman Daily and North Shore Times, with a magazine style, lifestyle-led format. Both titles will have expanded real estate coverage, and food and drink sections. Mosman Daily celebrated its 100th anniversary this week.

Lots of alcohol ads.

1 Like

There will be no alcohol ads but reviews of local bars and pubs.

1 Like

So there are now five glossy News Local papers in Sydney:

Inner West Courier
North Shore Times
Southern Courier
Mosman Daily
Wentworth Courier

The saga of One.Tel finally wraps up on Thursday with one last creditors meeting in Sydney. Investors Packer Jnr and Murdoch Jnr, who lost millions of their father’s cash, are not expected to attend. It was a spectacularly bad investment for News.

The Daily Telegraph website was relaunched (or as they say, "reimagined’) this morning. I feel it has taken a leaf from Daily Mail website with bigger and more sensational headlines, as well as bigger texts.
Daily-Tele-reimagined

Also, DT and Herald Sun are now offering free Sennheiser noise cancelling headphones if readers buy a digital subscription for 12 months.

Because that’s the one thing we need more of in journalism?

1 Like

It looks like rubbish on my phone now. I just see sensationalist headlines now and no content. Good reason not to bother with it any more.

It’s been like that for years? :thinking:

It certainly needed a refresh as the page looked cluttered and quite dated, so what they’ve done looks OK to me.

Of course. As to be expected. :roll_eyes: