News Corp Australia

Exactly. Here are two articles about the MX relaunch:
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/free-commuter-newspaper-mx-makes-a-comeback-how-to-get-your-copy/news-story/e0fdf81d737538ff8e639f5fe87a498b

1 Like

Editorial director of GQ Australia Edwina McCann has announced that the brand will produce a special issue of GQ Style to be published 27 September 2018 as part of GQ Australia’s 20th anniversary celebrations.

Got my copy of MX. 24 pages which is more than i expected. Every ad in the paper is for the beer.

Readers letters and comments are rehashed from mX 1.0 because clearly there aren’t any new ones yet.

There is also a comeback reference with 1 article “things we thought were hot in 2001” ( when mx first launched)

No TV guide and rest of the paper layout seems to be very similar to mX 1.0. Looks like they’ve kept the old templates :wink:

A novel concept to bring back the paper based on advertising but if it pays off they might find other advertisers keen to do same.

1 Like

Will be an interesting case study.

No doubt if it’s a success we’ll see this a few times a year going forward.

1 Like
1 Like

Which leads another round of editorial reshuffle at News Corp.
Ben English, current editor of the Gold Coast Bulletin, has been appointed editor of The Daily Telegraph
Rachel Hancock, deputy editor of The Courier-Mail, has been appointed editor of the Gold Coast Bulletin.

I’m assuming the mX revival is still going but I’ve not seen it at Southern Cross station after the first edition came out. Today should have been week 3, and next week should be the last one.

Breaking News…

Oh no maybe it wasn’t…

2 Likes

Have seen a few of those the last couple of days, rare that I’ve seen them but have seen two or three in the last couple of days. Makes me wonder what they were!

Law suits :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::upside_down_face:

It has been pointed out that The Daily Telegraph reports on the Geoffrey Rush vs Nationwide News defamation lawsuit are freely available - they are not behind the paywall. News Corp can drop the paywall when it suits them.

Today’s News Corp papers are dated November 4K to mark the debut of Foxtel’s cricket coverage in 4K. For example, the date can be seen above the U in the Sunday Herald Sun masthead.

3 Likes

News Corp today publishes The 2018 Stellar Annual, a special edition magazine featuring The 50 Most Talked About Women in Australia. It is a compilation of cover stories and inside feature stories from more than 100 issues of Stellar since its launch in 2016, featuring Nicole Kidman, Miranda Kerr, Kylie Minogue and many others. Unlike the regular edition of Stellar magazine which is only available in NSW and Victoria, The Stellar Annual is on sale nationwide, in Coles and Woolworths for one month and in newsagents, Costco and Big W for three months.

Anyone know why the regular editions are only available in VIC & NSW?

The regular edition is only inserted into The Daily Telegraph in NSW and The Sunday Herald Sun in Victoria. Sunday Mail Brisbane and Sunday Times Perth have their own magazines.

Oh no!

1 Like

Email from News Corp management chastising staff who leaked an earlier email is leaked.

Geelong Advertiser editor Liam Houlihan is leaving the company at the end of the year. In all, he has spent 15 years at News Corp including stints at Herald Sun.