News Breakfast

Lisa will be returning on Monday after two weeks away.

3 Likes

Karina Carvalho co-hosting on Sunday with Johanna.

5 Likes

Friday 15 April -
Good Friday
7:00am-9:30am

Johanna Nicholson and Fauziah Ibrahim will be hosting public holiday edition of News Breakfast.

5 Likes

Incredible (if true).

I just checked her lists and she has taken all but news down

The people complaining about it are the kind of shitheads who wont let it go either

#auspol seems like a dark place

They keep me entertained but as you know I’m quite weird.

1 Like

Everytime I think it’s peaked, someone seems to deliver some absolute tripe that makes it slightly worse again.
Covid has a lot to answer for…

I wish they’d hashtag their bullshit so it was easier to avoid

5 Likes

Not to mention a federal election campaign (which unsurprisingly has made it even worse).

She seems like an incredibly horrible person. I don’t think much of her presenting or questioning tbh.

Looking at the rest of her posts, apart from her lists there’s no bias compared to the way things could be perceived as Labor bias from many other ABC or former ABC presenters.

Also, the person who exposed the lists is very Labor biased too just like many on the forums here.

Monday 18 April -
Public holiday edition
7:00am-9:00am

6 Likes

I can’t understand why News Breakfast continue to start late on public holidays.

They’re just giving a free kick to Sunrise and Today.

4 Likes

Good management, they save a few dollars not paying penalty rates for a small audience. Maybe you could write to your local MP to lobby the treasurer and communication minister to increase the ABC’s budget to allow for more live programming on public holidays if you think it’s so important.

9 Likes

How would removing an hour reduce penalty rates? All the crew and production staff and editorial staff would still need to turn up.

3 Likes

They’d be required for an hour less each on those days. Multiply that out and it would be a significant cost for little return.

Tuesday 19 April -

Lisa is co-hosting from Cairns this morning.

Madeleine Morris is back presenting Finance this week.

3 Likes

It’s a very odd format- they’ve had Lisa hosting other news too from on location. This morning, for instance, they had Michael do the election campaign interviews from the studio and Lisa, despite her covering the election on the road, subsequently do the interviews about the Solomon Island deal. If Michael needs a break, it’d be better to use Madeleine as his co-host and cross to Lisa when needed.

5 Likes