News Breakfast

Where did you find this logo variant? I quite like it.

3 Likes

I created it. :slight_smile:

It’s the way I think the logo should be presented on ABC TV and across all their channels. Big logo with smaller channel name under it.

4 Likes

This Morning:

4 Likes

This show has no consistency at all.

They literally have 4 different lock ups for their logo.

The News Breakfast bug does not seem to line up with anything else on the screen. It sits very low, and very in from the side of the screen

Why not lock the news breakfast logo up with the ABC logo lower right

And then the clock also just hovers randomly in it’s own weird place.

There’s just unorganized elements all over the screen

The ticker, clock, abc logo, news breakfast logo and then the abc news channel logo should all be designed in one lock up device so that all elements work together along the bottom of the screen

8 Likes

And is way too small!

1 Like

If they went with this as the official logo (which is basically the ABC News Channel logo with “breakfast” added…

Then they could put this lower right and it would kill 3 birds with one stone

• the show logo
  • the ABC logo
  • the ABC News Channel logo (for the News Channel feed)
8 Likes

Agree, it’s very inconsistent. I really don’t like that they’re still using the old opening title card with the previous circle logo and on the new one I wish the breakfast text was the same width as news so it looked even.

Also the orange strap doesn’t match the colour of the supers and what’s with the blue used on the screen on the front of the desk, it doesn’t go with anything else at all.

What a mess, a great program with a nice new set and they play around with the graphics like work experience kids and throw things at it hoping it sticks.

4 Likes

A graphic designer with a background in branding would look at all this and Have a heart atttack. 25 different elements / of which none work together

1 Like

I think they place it there so it’s not obstructed by other graphics because a lot of their interview footage gets used by other networks throughout the day. What they should do is only use it during interviews and then have a better positioned logo for the rest of the program.

3 Likes

Gosh this update really is terrible.

3 Likes

Weekend Breakfast coming from studio 27 today:

8 Likes

Muuuch nicer than the NSW set

2 Likes

Bit of an improvement. Still lack a soft couch area.

This was from yesterday… does Michael lean too far to the left? Thoughts?

No, Greg Hunt was in the wrong and had a tantrum @BJT2

5 Likes

Are there any ABC hosts that would lean right? Doubt it. Happy to be wrong. I can’t imagine being openly right wing would win you many friends in ABC

I think being opening left wing in the ABC wouldn’t go down too well either, seeing that the ABC charter is to stay on neutral ground.

Radio has some at it does left. TV not so much, the lefties get just as upset as the eighties ay whatever the ABC does.

1 Like

What % of people
Who work at ABC would vote labor V liberal

I don’t think it would be 50/50

Not even close