News Breakfast

Great to see the whole team back in the studio.

6 Likes
4 Likes

gosh, I wonder what this is all about. I know nothing about Lisa’s backstory to be honest.

1 Like

Looks like Johanna Nicholson is back on Weekend Breakfast after maternity leave. She’s back hosting with Fauziah. I think I’d prefer her to be back with Kathryn Robinson, haven’t warmed to Fauziah especially when she talks about the Premiere’s leading the states.

2 Likes

New graphics?

1 Like

Uh oh. More in house shit.

1 Like

Why does it matter if it is in-house?

1 Like

New backdrops too.

1 Like

It’s always poorly executed. Compare the flipper transition on today’s update to the original one of this package.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Yep new backdrop… this one is a bit more “Melbourne “.
Not sure if that’s good for Sydney viewers.

2 Likes

Yep. Can tell it’s in house job in an instant

2 Likes

A couple of crappy ones through iview. I don’t mid this at all.

5 Likes

Yeah I don’t mind the new updated backdrops. But as I previously said “hopefully it’s not too Melbourne centric” for a national audience.

1 Like

I like the new graphics. I just don’t like the News Breakfast placement. Should be next to ABC or underneath it (without the TV)

7 Likes

I prefer the graphics to the last variety. Very fresh. Do they need to have the News Breakfast logo?

2 Likes

Agreed Nicholas. Didn’t the old News Breakfast watermark have an ABC logo on it? It’s ABC News Breakfast. If a piece of an interview, for example, is going to be shown on other stations, you want to make sure people know it’s from an ABC show. Seven in particular never credits them when they show clips on their news.

1 Like

The old sky looked much better, this one reminds be of the dodgy weekend breakfast background

I wish they were better in branding the show ABC LOGO News Breakfast

3 Likes

New backdrop is very welcome, although still similar to the old one it’s much better. Would be better if it changed throughout the morning.

At first glance via the caps the new supers are great, I never really liked the circle logo for the show and that style didn’t match the old supers. Seems they still need a little bit of fine tuning.

The placement of the logo on the top RHS is all wrong though, it’s too low. It should animate with the ABC TV / ABC NEWS logo at the bottom IMO.

The naming of the show is all over the place though, is it ABC News Breakfast? News Breakfast? Breakfast News?

6 Likes

I would use this News Breakfast logo on the left of the banners.

Then have the ABC TV or ABC NEWS logo on the far right. This would be better achieved if the ABC News logo was squared up like the ABC TV logo is. With the clock beside it on ABC News, the state name can sit under the time.

Watermarks:

3 Likes